Talked to David Bazan last night...

So I'm interning to learn Live Sound at a local venue....and one of the dudes teaching me most of it is David Bazan's touring sound guy....I don't want to be weird and shit and ask questions like "when's that vinyl dropping son", so I'm super stoked to read that here, straight from Bazan's mouf by way of you man. Seriously, those living room tours are fucking awesome, been to 2 of the Living Room shows for Bazan and 1 for Rocky Votolato, and they all have been insanely great, especally the Questions/Comments portions of the shows

You interning at bottletree? Bazan is doing a living room show at my house in June and I'm super stoked.

So I'm interning to learn Live Sound at a local venue....and one of the dudes teaching me most of it is David Bazan's touring sound guy....I don't want to be weird and shit and ask questions like "when's that vinyl dropping son", so I'm super stoked to read that here, straight from Bazan's mouf by way of you man. Seriously, those living room tours are fucking awesome, been to 2 of the Living Room shows for Bazan and 1 for Rocky Votolato, and they all have been insanely great, especally the Questions/Comments portions of the shows

You interning at bottletree? Bazan is doing a living room show at my house in June and I'm super stoked.

Definitely interning at Bottletree.....so fucking rad, owner/chief sound engineer is in Man Or Astroman/was in Polyphonic Spree, one of the sound guys is the drummer for Coliseum, and one is the touring sound guy for Bazan.....Coliseum's tour manager works there (for another month until he moves to Norway), King Khan's tour manager works there....I love interning there, but feel less than adequate in my indie-cred/pedigree.

Dude, the Bazan house shows are so fucking rad, you're in for a treat man

what did he play at the show?

I can't remember the order but these are all the songs he played:

Hard To Be

In Stitches

Selling Advertising

Cold Beer and Cigarettes

Wolves At The Door

Virginia

Strange Negotiations

Transcontinental

Options

Priests and Paramedics

Get Off My Case (Radiohead Cover)

Dude, the house show experience almost ruins shows at regular venues for me! It's so intimate. If any of the rest of you have never caught Bazan when he's doing these living room tours he's been doing, do yourself a favor and go. The experience is worth wayyyyyy more than the $20 ticket to the show. Plus, Bazan's Q&A is awesome. Such a humble and down to earth dude. I've seen him 3 times for house shows and I just had Chris Staples (twothirtyeight and discover america) come through and play at my place with his buddy Tim Very (the drummer for Manchester Orchestra), and it was amazing! It's a show experience that can't be replicated anywhere else, no matter how small the club/venue is.

Completely agree.....seeing Bazan full band is great, solo was pretty good.....then house show was just next level.....then seeing him full-band again after having seen him do a living room show was almost weird, still good, but the vibe just isn't the same......especially not having the Q & A session (which I imagine would also lose it's charm in a larger setting)

Sweeeet!

I have all Bazan-related records except the Sub Pop 7" and the split with Casey Foubert which probably won't be repressed. As PTL was the most important band in my life I have to make an exception and buy all of this again.

"Secret of the Easy Yoke" speaks to me even today, what an honest song it is! My vote for best album goes to "Control" with "It's Hard To Find a Friend" as second best.

Definitely interning at Bottletree.....so fucking rad, owner/chief sound engineer is in Man Or Astroman/was in Polyphonic Spree, one of the sound guys is the drummer for Coliseum, and one is the touring sound guy for Bazan.....Coliseum's tour manager works there (for another month until he moves to Norway), King Khan's tour manager works there....I love interning there, but feel less than adequate in my indie-cred/pedigree.

That rules man bottletree is a rad bar. I was there a couple weeks ago for piss shivers and bass drum of death. I've been wanting to see bazan in the living room setting for a while and I know it'll be nothing short of amazing

That rules man bottletree is a rad bar. I was there a couple weeks ago for piss shivers and bass drum of death. I've been wanting to see bazan in the living room setting for a while and I know it'll be nothing short of amazing

i know a couple of kids in Piss Shivers....and yes, Bottletree is probably the best venue for it's size in the country as far as Sound System, Band Hospitality, and Food...so fucking stoked to be a part of it (even for just a short stint). damnit, this thread has me craving another Bazan living room show

• 6 months later...