Are we over the whole "Daisy Sucks" thing?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birdwell hates the mexicans. he told me repeatedly when stayed at my place for what seems like a week.

Also brand new sucks dick.......and balls! (no homo)

it's true, when we went to that little Taqueria that took Pesos and they spoke no english at all....i was sooooo incredibly annoyed and aggravated, I started Gay-Bashing then, Mexi-Bashing, and Black-Bashing....my "Southern Roots" are just so hard to kick sometimes...

But f'real, the OP's post says "Sucks" in the fucking title, if you're going to going to act like "Captain P.C. of the internet Police" then let's get pissed off at the O.P. to boot eh? I'm sure you've never used to the phrase "You Suck" or "This Sucks"....i'll let you in on a fucking secret, it's not in reference to a fucking lollipop man.

I guess I should have avoided this mess and just put "no homo" after "Daisy still chugs dicks" just to be clear and not offend the internetz

[edit]

just so we're clear, that last bit is aimed at SelfReliable, PodFace, and fschoenleber10....not you Mike

I think u are the only person ive invited to that place that has agreed to go with me. their tacos are so good.

Ps: Bob mould ruled. But you wouldnt care because youre homophobic. I dont care how much you say you were jealous of me seeing hiim. :P

also Jon Wurster played drums for him during that show. some dumbass texted my friend saying it was dave grohl. hahahahaha.

Nothing is worse than not standing behind what you say/believe.

I will also, triumphantly stand behind all of my dick, fart, and poop jokes.....my sense of comedy is extremely sophomoric...fucking nail me to a cross or take me to jail over it

if I am going to make a gay-bashing joke, or say anything that was demeaning or damning to anybody or anything, I sure as fuck am not going to shroud it in secrecy or lace it in cryptic metaphors...especially ones that are commonly used by most everybody in this country without giving second thought they could possibly accidentally be taken the wrong way.....I will make it very fucking clear....I don't hide behind a fucking alias online, my friends call me Birdwell, my user name is Birdwell for damn near everything I've ever done, this is who the fuck I am, I can easily be found online on social media sites because of this.....if I'm not going to hide my identity, I'm sure as fuck not going to make loose jabs at people/albums/ect....OP asked if we we're past the allotted time when this album has sunk in for everyone to have listened and enjoyed it...and I answered...."No", we (collectively) are not over this album being completely awful.

Daisy is sub-mediocre album put out by a band that is faaaaar past their prime. It's fucking dandy that several people (10's of peoples?) enjoyed most/all of this album, grand, fucking wonderful. I thought it was a heaping steamy pile of human excrement....all of you fecal-freaks don't get offended by my poop humor and take it the wrong way now.

just so we're clear, I find your "Southern Roots" jab just as offensive as you mistaking my quote to be a gay-bashing joke....it's amazing to know that Racism/Homophobia/Ignorance only exists south of the Mason-Dixon line....I'm glad that the entire rest of the globe is so progressive and liberal that it's completely inconceivable that any of that bullshit happens outside of Ala-fucking-bama.....there's fucking trailer-trash, inbred, white-trash, redneck, back-woods, hillbillies all over this fucking country (Please understand, that I'm well aware that the Deep South is known for this horse-shit behavior/mentality and it's easy to Stereotype....but I certainly don't fall into that Stereotype)

beyond that, you seem to know exactly what I was thinking when I typed out my questionable quote....if you're all up inside my brain, I've got quite a myriad of questions to ask you about my what's been rattling around in my brain for years now....

If you drive 15 minutes outside of any city in the Northeast, it's instantly the stereotype we have for "the south". If you want inbred rednecks, you don't need to hit up deep Alabama, you have to be halfway between Buffalo and Erie, or Syracuse and Utica, or up near Potsdam, or anywhere outside of Burlington, VT... or just fuckin' anywhere that's not suburbia.

saying that "maybe 10 people" like this album, and that brand new is past their prime for producing another experimental album (because every one is an experiment at this point) is fucking stupid.

saying it chugs dicks, however, should not be taken as homophobic. thats such a fucking reach, dude.

saying that "maybe 10 people" like this album, and that brand new is past their prime for producing another experimental album (because every one is an experiment at this point) is fucking stupid.

saying it chugs dicks, however, should not be taken as homophobic. thats such a fucking reach, dude.

I have no idea if any of your post is sarcastic or not....that said...

I obviously disagree (except that my comment "Daisy still Chugs Dicks" was in no way meant to be homophobic in any way, shape, or form.....and I honestly can't quite see how it was misconstrued and taken that way)

not that anybody gives a damn at this point, but something similar to this has happened to me before...I was accidentally racist at my job once. New delivery driver was hired, I told him where his delivery was going to....new guy made the delivery and returns. I say to Skylar (new delivery driver) "How'd it go man?" he responds "Man, Old People Never Tip" I respond "Well, Most Of Them Are On Fixed Incomes". Skylar then gives me a weird look gives me a soft punch to the arm and says "Dude, that's really messed up"...and then walks off. I stand there confused and start thinking through what just happened. I approach Skylar and ask, "Hey, what did you say when you came back, I think I might have misheard what you said possibly?"....Skylar responds to my question with "My Own People Never Tip"........Skylar happens to be a young black gentlemen........I happen to be a white young man......we had never met before that day, I explained exactly what I thought he said, and he laughed about it pretty hard thankfully. Quite an honest misunderstanding as I don't have the best hearing....I couldn't figure out why he was upset over that comment initially, I kept thinking "My grandparents are all on fixed incomes....all of my great aunts and uncles are on fixed incomes....aren't most old people on fixed incomes???". I'm quite thankful I confronted him about it and made sure to ask exactly what he said again.....I'm sure my eyes probably got huge as hell when I finally heard what he actually said.

to get back on topic......Album is awful, just awful. There doesn't seem to be a great outpouring of the typical Brand New fans brazenly championing this album and touting it as stupendous like one would expect on this board......I think 10s of peoples is a fairly honest assessment of people that can get behind this album, I'm obviously not one of them. Would any of Brand New's fans put this album anywhere but the bottom of the barrel if Brand New records were ranked in order of fan-favorites or greatness??? Brand New and Taking Back Sunday should have both imploded during their big royal rumble back in the day and saved all of our ears from their past-their-prime releases.

what about luca?!? love that song...

Just can't get into it :-/

yeah same here.

i have said if before but i almost drove off the road listening to both deja and the devil.

with that said i haven't listened to daisy so i can't say if it sucks or not. but it probably sucks.

i asked my wife if she has deja and the devil on her ipod and she does. gonna give them another try and see what i come up with.

i have said if before but i almost drove off the road listening to both deja and the devil.

funny that you say this... me and my friends got in a a pretty bad car crash to Noro off of Daisy. Freaked me out for awhile.. the lyrics go "Im on my way to hell" and we crashed right at that part haha

"At The Bottom" is awesome, musically and lyrically. Never really felt that any of the lyrics were terribly corny but obviously the music is a step in a very different direction from previous efforts though I would say its more closely related to TDAG. There are a lot of really good lyrics on this album.

There was a lot of debate when it came out, but Jesse said at one point that they almost wish they wrote "on my way to hell" because it could be cooler, but it was definitely "on my way out". So that's that.

after the debates, i swore i could hear him switching between the two lyrics.

way out was what i always heard before anyone mentioned it though