Any Mad Men fans on here?

I'm satisfied with the conclusion to the stories, I honestly felt the idea of a hippie retreat was a little hokey but I guess if you need to pack all that self-healing into 20 minutes of an episode that is a way to do it. I thought the last phone call between Don and Betty was a nice scene, not in the "happy" sense obviously. Stan rules. 

Pete had one of the biggest turn-arounds I think. I was actively rooting for him near the end.

Glorious end to a fabulous series. Some scattered thoughts:

I think my favorite thing about the finale was the emphasis on phones and how the characters were expressing themselves fully when on the phone and not face to face. The decision to have so many cathartic, big moments between the core cast on phone across the country was ambitious and I loved it. Also, the use of 3's. Ted said every man has 3 women in his life (the 3 women Don calls in the episode) and within this half season don met 3 characters that shared his personality. Don met a woman that used him for sex and then spit him out (inverse of his sexual nature) don finally faced his fear and confessed to a group of veterans (while meeting a you con artist that probably wouldn't hesitate at stealing an identity) and then Don meets that man in the finale and shares that devastating hug. He has an empathetic connection.

It was a perfect level of ambiguity otherwise. I like that we got most clearance with most characters, and the ominous Coke ad at the end that ( at least I think) Don made out of his experiences.

I was thinking about it too, even to this extent, that it's interesting how the counter culture was so anti advertisement, and ad agencies were anti counter culture (since they preached corporatism etc.) and you see Don and many other characters dabbling in it so much in the later seasons (Don going to therapy after trashing it when his ex wife went, Joan taking cocaine, etc.) It just really shows how much the characters really evolved over time, and regardless of their resistance, became products of their surroundings.

It also just highlights generally how many people look for happiness in so many places, and don't realize how often it's right under their noses. At least I got that with the refrigerator metaphor. Like, you try so hard to make your loved ones happy, by working hard, and to make yourself happy by being successful, and you oftentimes diminish what you already have, and before you know it, you're passed up/out of the loop with your family. Sorry if this is jumbled, I'm on a phone and can't see what I've already typed easily haha.

Basically just can't get across just how much clarity that episode truly offers in so many ways, pertaining to character happiness, desires, evolution, etc. it just summarized the show so perfectly.

I was half waiting for Stan to say "psych" to Peggy when they were on the phone. Thought he might have just been yanking her chain after she was a bitch to him. It really shouldn't be that way if done properly (I think).

It's cool they ended up together but that would have been a really fun storyline to explore if they had run with it for a season. Everyone loves Stan.