Any Mad Men fans on here?

just watched the season finale. 

then i read this:

https://medium.com/sterling-cooper-draper-pryce/e96804523838 (don't read til you're caught up)

Also, don't read unless you want to know the best theory ever about how the show will end and what it all means.

HOLY SHIT

i've been thinking about this theory more. and i've always been really interested in the D B Cooper story and think it'd be really cool. The only real problems I see with using this in the story arc is 1. Don is basically famous and 2. D B Cooper jumped off the plane with $200,000 which is probably not much to Don.

Season has been disappointing. I agree with this article 100% (written before the finale):

http://news.yahoo.com/no-crazy-theory-save-mad-mens-disappointing-sixth-154000338.html;_ylt=A2KJ2UiY89JRSj4A.WHQtDMD

i loved season six. slow at times, which all mad men seasons are, it basically brought things full circle. most of the characters are in a very similar place they were in the first season, until the last few minutes of the last episode. i can't wait to see how they end the show.

I still like Mad Men, but Hell on Wheels blew it away this year.

Also, AMC's new show has been shooting in Detroit. A friend of mine rented out his boat to the film crews to do some water filming.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2314792/?ref_=sr_1

There's a few supporting actors in there a few of us should know (Morgan from the Walking Dead, Ziggy from the Wire).

i feel like putting that db cooper thing into the storyline would be too much.  seems like a reach and i don't see it ending that way.

i didn't think i'd like season 6 and it seemed kind of boring in the beginning, but i became interested in don's relationship with the freaks and geeks girl.  i really liked the pete and bob benson scenes.  the stuff with sally was interesting where in seasons prior, the kids always seemed kind of boring.  peggy is a dodobird for doin' it with the kinds of guys she does it with, but i also live for the kind of tension it leads to.

i feel like putting that db cooper thing into the storyline would be too much.  seems like a reach and i don't see it ending that way.

Agreed. I don't think Matthew Weiner would have fought AMC so hard to keep the cast together if the ultimate goal is simply to sensationalize the series ending by turning Don into a mysterious hijacker. Don's a coward at heart anyway, so that'd be a real stretch.

Whatever Weiner has in mind, please god make it better than the ending to Lost.  ;)

I think we'll see a fairly ambiguous conclusion, my hope is that Don quits his family and wife and realizes he is only good at one thing. Which I suppose is ultimately sort of a sad ending but satisfying to me. 

Though I suspect it might be the inverse. Where he realizes there is more to life and becomes a better father or something equally cliche. 

I know this thread started because of a 7" but it should probably be moved to Everything Else at this point. 

• 9 months later...

Show has lost me. Not sure what the point of all these executives is. Bring little to the table. Was better when it was just Sterling-Cooper.

Who really cares if Don cheats again. It's happened what, 5 times? Nothing new.

Only character who is really still interesting to me is Peggy. Stan pretty cool too.

Just watching it through to the end cause I feel obligated. Great show, it's just gotten stale.

Show has lost me. Not sure what the point of all these executives is. Bring little to the table. Was better when it was just Sterling-Cooper.

Who really cares if Don cheats again. It's happened what, 5 times? Nothing new.

Only character who is really still interesting to me is Peggy. Stan pretty cool too.

Just watching it through to the end cause I feel obligated. Great show, it's just gotten stale.

I think that's kind of the point of the conversation on the plane, Don is coming to terms with the fact that he's incapable of ever being a good husband or father and is losing his career/life- hence the scene of him sitting outside in the cold/his once lavish apartment looking like shit. He's gone from being a confident sneaky hardass to a broken person (like Peggy is becoming) and sees people he once pitied (Pete) finding happiness. Just my opinion, I do agree the stand-in executives are dumb but they're there to keep the in-office storyline rolling. Jane and colleagues are still going through the day-to-day without Don and it's nice to see her kick her ass into high gear instead of using her curves to excel in the buisness.

I was really hoping that when Don was telling everyone he had to get back to New York for work, that he was actually just lying to everyone and his life was just spiraling out of control. That said, I like that he is doing the work and having someone else pitch it, and that Peggy is the only one who notices that quality of work. I'm excited to see where this season goes.

I was really hoping that when Don was telling everyone he had to get back to New York for work, that he was actually just lying to everyone and his life was just spiraling out of control. That said, I like that he is doing the work and having someone else pitch it, and that Peggy is the only one who notices that quality of work. I'm excited to see where this season goes.

This