Any Mad Men fans on here?

• 4 weeks later...

I keep forgetting there is a Mad Men thread!  I absolutely loved last week's scene where Peggy was walking down the hallway with the sunglasses and cigarette.  Overall, I really enjoy this season.  I'm going to miss this show when it's gone, but I'm glad it's stayed strong for 7 years and never really wore out it's welcome.

Firewall & Iceberg have been doing a really good weekly recap on their podcast, I'd highly recommend it.

One more to go! I agree with jonrawks, this show never hit a slump and I hope it goes out on a proper note and they don't do anything any crazy twists or anything. I actually felt bad for Betty for once, which is rare because she's terrible. I also feel like Pete is genuinely trying to get his life together and isn't as much of a boner this season, same goes for Peggy. Didn't like how they did Joan though, although she was pretty self entitled and self centered, she got screwed over. Also road trippin' Don is my favorite Don.

"...And I'm not paying for the room!"

Whyyy did they have to play the cancer card on Mothers Day? 

Because. It got me, you and probably 90% of the people watching. It's just great writing and that's why when this show ends, part of TV is going to end. I loved this episode and will rewatch it tonight. And I'm not ready for this show to end.

I'm about to watch last nights episode again. I absolutely loved the opening with Don getting pulled over and being outed as not being Don Draper. I was hoping that would happen at the VFW hall too, but as always, the show doesn't go as expected, but it's still great. The way Betty seems to be progressing, and Don on the road, does anyone think she'll pass before he even finds out? Episodes like this really make me wish the show wasn't ending.

I'm about to watch last nights episode again. I absolutely loved the opening with Don getting pulled over and being outed as not being Don Draper. I was hoping that would happen at the VFW hall too, but as always, the show doesn't go as expected, but it's still great. The way Betty seems to be progressing, and Don on the road, does anyone think she'll pass before he even finds out? Episodes like this really make me wish the show wasn't ending.

You could actually feel the sigh of relief when the other Korea vet said he was there years after Don/Dick was.

I would have loved another episode with Don at the hotel.  Him in that setting is really interesting to me.  I realize that there really wasn't time to explore that any more than they did, but I still would have liked to see it.  The first confrontation in the motel room was a little surreal, I really liked it.

The way Betty seems to be progressing, and Don on the road, does anyone think she'll pass before he even finds out?

I actually thought Betty might not even be in the last episode. That last scene where she's struggling walking up the stairs at the school and it ends when she starts walking up the last flight, I thought she was going to fall over and die right there. I thought maybe that's some foreshadowing that the end was close and the last episode would start with her funeral or something.

Hmm. I appreciated the Charles Manson reference, coulda did without the Coke one (the drink, not the Jane and her painful looking boobs snort sesh).

Also couldn't Stan and Peggy have went on a fucking date instead of spilling their guts? Seemed super rushed in a show when things progress over time.

Very sad it's gone, didn't love the finale or hate it. Seems like a tough show to end in general. I applaud the entire series. Goes to show you that it doesn't matter how much money or power you have, life sucks when you're lonely.

I loved it. Agree about the rushed Stan & Peggy thing, but that was long overdue. And I had a "squee" moment when Joan offered Peggy the job, but Stan's argument against it made perfect sense.

The Coke thing wasn't a surprise since they've been hinting at it all season long. And that's Don doing what he does best- taking his personal experiences/surroundings and pitching the fuck out them.

God, I'm gonna miss this show.

I read an interesting take on Sally. Kinda already should have noticed it but, she became the parent to those kids. She always was more mature then Betty in a way. And to me, she turned out to be one of the most interesting characters in the show. And it was sad to see how Don went and did his own thing but in reality, we all knew he was an ass.

AMC did a really smart thing and had the marathon on all weekend. It's a show you have to watch all of the episodes of to really get it. Like Breaking Bad. There rarely was a singular episode that stood out without watching the previous episodes.

I read an interesting take on Sally. Kinda already should have noticed it but, she became the parent to those kids. She always was more mature then Betty in a way. And to me, she turned out to be one of the most interesting characters in the show. And it was sad to see how Don went and did his own thing but in reality, we all knew he was an ass.

AMC did a really smart thing and had the marathon on all weekend. It's a show you have to watch all of the episodes of to really get it. Like Breaking Bad. There rarely was a singular episode that stood out without watching the previous episodes.

That fever dream episode where Don murders that girl and hides her under the bed was The Fly episode of MM.