Fest 11

this will be my first time at the fest (!!!!!!) and i'm pretty stoked. obviously there are a lot of veteran festers here, so i was hoping i could get some advice. i'll start with the most relevant: hotel reservations.

is it worth the extra $$$ for a room at the holiday inn? the special sunday show sounds enticing (as well as the convenient location) but the price is definitely steeper (i've got a group of 4 that would make it more bearable however.)

also, how quickly should i make hotel reservations? i know passes usually sell out in about 2 months, but not sure about hotel rooms.

THANX IN ADVANCE!

Count me in at 95% for now...as soon as I know what my job situation is (IF I get a job anytime soon haha) I can give you a definite answer, but I will probably buy a Fest pass to play it safe as soon as I have the scratch for it.

play more shows, or do day labor. get a job at subway or something to get some scratch till then. cut yards, etc etc.

The only thing I would do out of that list is play more shows lol. At this point the next time I take a "real" job, it will be for an engineering position. 8-)

Advice: Get your hotel situation taken care of asap. It will get booked fairly quickly, so don't sleep on it.

I can't wait booking my Hotel + Ticket tomorrow then getting my Flights sorted from Ireland sometime in May/June! Last year was my first Fest and it was unreal ;D Shame that the Hampton is so expensive this year :(

Also more bands added today...

American Pinup

American War

Averkiou

Bear Trade

Billy Wallace

Black Clouds

Black God

Broadcaster

Code Orange Kids

Criminal Culture

Despite Everything

F.Y.P.

Former Thieves

Gods and Queens

Hold Tight!

Jus' Folks

Kill You Dead

La Dispute

Liberation Service

Little League

Margate

Nightmares For A Week

No More

No Weather Talks

One Win Choice

Possessed By Paul James

Raindance

Rob Lynch

Stickup Kid

Stoned at Heart

The 20belows

The Emotron

The Front Bottoms

The Great Explainer

The Menzingers

The Soviettes

Tiny Empires

Titus Andronicus

Toys That Kill

Underground Railroad to Candyland

Waxahatchee

We Are The Union

Young Turks

How long do the rooms at the Holiday Inn usually last? I won't be able to book a room until a few hours after they go on sale, so I'm a little worried I'll miss out.

Also, if a room is booked through the Fest site, will they charge the card immediately, or will it just be held until checkout after the stay?

Of course, this is my first time to Fest, and I don't want to miss this line-up!