Fest 11

To those Fest first-timers who are already making schedules, I wouldn't be so strict on your times—throw in any conflicting/overlapping bands, as well, because honestly, unless you're going to stay in the same venue the whole night, you can never really predict where you'll end up or how long the lines will be at any given club. Contingency plans are crucial!

i always tried to pick like 2 bands a day that were must sees.. and then just see where the day takes me... its always more fun to see new bands, meet new people, and party then have to follow some rigid schedule :)

This x 1000. I think I watched, like, 2 bands last year on Sunday. I watched Weatherbox at 1982, grabbed lunch with Flood and another friend, then went to watch BTMI! acoustic at the CMC, then ended up at the stand-up comedy show (which was awesome). Yeah, I missed LTJ/TBR/AWS/etc., but I got to spend time with people I only get to see once or twice a year at best, and that makes it worth it.

Fest is more than music. Fest is Fest.

To those Fest first-timers who are already making schedules, I wouldn't be so strict on your times—throw in any conflicting/overlapping bands, as well, because honestly, unless you're going to stay in the same venue the whole night, you can never really predict where you'll end up or how long the lines will be at any given club. Contingency plans are crucial!

Completly agree. I missed a couple of shows because of lines a few years ago. Planning to leave yourself enough time to get there for those must see bands is always a good idea. The schedule is just a good guide line. When you're actually there, things change. Heck I spent an hour and a half of friday night at Fest 9 braking into my car. Now THAT was fun.

I agree with all of this. A lot of people (such as myself) thought that they could leave the Florida Theatre last year on Friday and get back in for Kid Dynamite. That was a big NOPE. And Iron Chic filled up 8 Seconds last year, which I think is bigger than Stero so that will probably be packed.

Yeah, that Iron Chic crowd was RIDICULOUS—where did all those people come from? It was like 3pm. You would've thought that band was headlining or something.

Only conflict I have is Dear Landlord and Menzingers but I've seen Menzingers a bunch of times and missed Dear Landlord every FEST I've been to. Plus, with Joyce Manor playing right before DL I'll just stick around.

FEST is honestly my highlight of every year, seriously just such a great time, such amazing people and just the most fun you can imagine. Bummed this year I'm playing at the same time as From Ashes Rise but you can't win em all. This is also the first FEST I've been to that I'm legally old enough to drink at so that should add to the overall fun-ness of the festivities.

Also, stoked Propagandi is playing the same time as La Dispute so I can finally see La Dispute at FEST

Only conflict I have is Dear Landlord and Menzingers but I've seen Menzingers a bunch of times and missed Dear Landlord every FEST I've been to. Plus, with Joyce Manor playing right before DL I'll just stick around.

FEST is honestly my highlight of every year, seriously just such a great time, such amazing people and just the most fun you can imagine. Bummed this year I'm playing at the same time as From Ashes Rise but you can't win em all. This is also the first FEST I've been to that I'm legally old enough to drink at so that should add to the overall fun-ness of the festivities.

Also, stoked Propagandi is playing the same time as La Dispute so I can finally see La Dispute at FEST

Are you looking forward to the show tomorrow too, Kyle? Should be a great time, rain or not.

What band are you in, Kyle?

I play drums in Mockingbird Wish Me Luck.

Are you looking forward to the show tomorrow too, Kyle? Should be a great time, rain or not.

So looking forward to it. Also realizing how I still haven't set up a time to get you the records. I'm the worst guy at selling my own band's shit. You will have it though.

Yea I need to see what the difference is because I may just drive there all together. I wish I could camp there, I love to camp!

You can camp there. There's this thing called tent city and everything. Check out the fest boards for more info. Or watch that fest documentary thing they show it on there too. I think it's called Fested.

You can camp there. There's this thing called tent city and everything. Check out the fest boards for more info. Or watch that fest documentary thing they show it on there too. I think it's called Fested.

I'm not sure what tent city you are talking about. Maybe Jeremy/Randy's house. They have let people camp there in the past. There is an actual Tent City in Gainesville though, but it is a skid row that you most definitely do not want to camp at.

If anyone wanted to do like, real camping, there is a nice park called Payne's Prairie about a 15-20 minute drive away.

I'm not sure what tent city you are talking about. Maybe Jeremy/Randy's house. They have let people camp there in the past. There is an actual Tent City in Gainesville though, but it is a skid row that you most definitely do not want to camp at.

If anyone wanted to do like, real camping, there is a nice park called Payne's Prairie about a 15-20 minute drive away.

Yeah I know there isn't an actual tent city, fl. But they have been peoples houses in the past where large amounts of campers have stayed. Not sure if it's the same guys you're talking about but might be.

No. I'm saying there actually is a tent city here in Gainesville, and you definitely don't want to go there.

Oh sorry I read that post wrong haha. My bad. I'm staying at the holiday inn again so it doesnt effect me. I was just pointing out to that one guy that if you really did want to camp that you could.