How much will RSD cost you?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately thats what i'm going to do so I can justify the prices

Honestly, with how stupid people are on eBay the first few days of RSD releases, I don't blame you. Hopefully you can sell enough to pay for the things you're getting for yourself.

i had absolutely no intention of flipping last year, but then i went on ebay that afternoon and simply couldnt help myself. i think that by the end of the day i had about 15 new records in my collection, and was only out about $55.

Honestly, with how stupid people are on eBay the first few days of RSD releases, I don't blame you. Hopefully you can sell enough to pay for the things you're getting for yourself.

i had absolutely no intention of flipping last year, but then i went on ebay that afternoon and simply couldnt help myself. i think that by the end of the day i had about 15 new records in my collection, and was only out about $55.

I know people tend to moan and groan about that stuff around here but I say good for you. If people are willing to pay asinine prices for RSD stuff for weeks, why not get some of the pot.

All I want is the destroyer lp and the tallest man on earth 12".

I didn't know there was going to be a Tallest Man release. That actually would get me out to a store on Saturday if it was worth it, but it's just the King Of Spain 12" single. With 2,000 copies going out, I won't have any trouble finding one down the line.

What else is coming from Refused besides 'shape of punk'? that's the only one i saw from them on the list... i'm intrigued and confused.

The New Noise Theology E.P. (Gray Vinyl)

Rather Be Dead E.P. (Black Vinyl)

Songs To Fan The Flames Of Discontent (White Vinyl)

damn i didnt know Songs To Fan the Flames was being released too. Already got Shape last week when i saw them in Pomona.

I came out ahead last RSD, went home and sold the Frightened Rabbit/Twilight Sad cassette for $80. Quick eBay search says it goes for $20 now. LOL.

I might do the same this year, though the only special releases I really care to own are the Mae 2xLP which will probably go up online later, the Lemuria 7", and maybe the Rosie Thomas/Sufjan Stevens split. Fifth Element is having some good sales though, I'll probably end up with a bunch of cheap CDs & 12"s.

What else is coming from Refused besides 'shape of punk'? that's the only one i saw from them on the list... i'm intrigued and confused.

The New Noise Theology E.P. (Gray Vinyl)

Rather Be Dead E.P. (Black Vinyl)

Songs To Fan The Flames Of Discontent (White Vinyl)

ahh, thank you... why is this not on the list they have on the website? is there somewhere I can check that is up to date?

I think they might be international only releases. If anyone wants to help me out I'd really like a copy Refused's New Noise Theology and Rather Be Dead EPs. Also, Anywhere's Self Titled album. Unfortunately, it looks like they are not going to carry any of them over here. If anyone overseas can help me out, let me know what US RSD releases you'd want to exchange them for.

ahh, thank you... why is this not on the list they have on the website? is there somewhere I can check that is up to date?

this is the link for the german RSD.. it´s on the list!

http://www.recordstoredaygermany.de/?page_id=12

any UK peeps able to assist with the refused stuff?

any way to know if the US version of Shape Of Punk... is on clear? the list on RSD.com just says "The Shape of Punk to Come Limited Edition Colored LP"

Record Store Day: The one day a year where everyone's a flipper, and everyone's more or less okay with it.

:-*

I have no issues with flippers in general, as it is plain ol' economics. If someone wants to pay a lot for something, I will gladly sell it to them unless it is something I want to keep. As a buyer, if I want something, I will pay for it so long as it is within reason.

A couple of us saying we were cool with the RSD flipping made more and more people come forward with their flipping plans. LOL, good times. I'm actually unemployed (pains me to say it and it's the first time I've been without a job since I was 14) so I may as well flip some caca. I guess the Gorillaz 10" is gonna be a good money maker. In all honesty, everything is a good money maker as long as you put them up with the quickness.