This used to be a good forum...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Potential Ban List is secret. I'd probably give Casey his own Sub-Forum however and let him run wild - or cage him like a zoo exhibit. Either way works for me, I like the antics.

I'd be 100% down for a Casey sub-forum. Let's make this happen.

I need Ry As A Kite and nothingnatural as mods.

Just for you:

[image]

VLV (I dare ALL OF YOU to register and post there).

vivalavinyl.com

All are welcome, variant discussion is all we do over there.

Also, giving that casey person a forum sounds like a dumb idea.

i have an account on vlv but never go there. when i did it never impressed me much. maybe i will check it out again if i can remember my login/pw.

Here is a little nudge...3000+ posts and still going strong:

[image]

was there a period several years ago where it was kinda dormant? i will check it out again.

Yeah, I think it went down for a little while, and then there was a period where no one could register. After the Virge debacle a couple years back they opened registration again. I'm not sure if it is still open, but I hope it is...

this place has gone more and more downhill over time to the point now where it nose dived off the cliff. like a few others have already said, i pretty much stopped posting here for the most part because of all the nonsense. there have always been trolls, dumb new people, people who ask stupid questions, say stupid things or make stupid threads, flame wars and people who go out of their way to stir the pot. but not at the level it is now. all that stuff has become worse as of late and is way out of hand now. mainly because people refuse to let threads die by continuing arguments just for the sake of arguing and/or taking the thread completely off topic trying to be funny. the most frustrating thing is that it is the same culprits every time, the usual suspects where when you see a seemingly innocuous thread explode over the course of a day it's because the same handful of people decide to derail the train.

once a thread gets past page two it turns into bitching, whining, name calling, flame wars, trolling and gifs. yes, this is the internet but everything can easily be kept to a minimum, with or without mods stepping. there seems to be very little moderating going on now except for the occasional merging of threads or banning of competing distros. while initially funny, every thread does not need to be turned into Scalabrine or Shaq, or who can post the funniest or most appropriate gif just because. this place does provide a lot of useful info, but more often than not you have to sift through a bunch of irrelevant posts to find the one or two posts that actually answer something. which never used to be the case three or even two years ago.

well put. the other day i was noticing a thread on the eb forums. it was a word game and everyone just posts one word after another. no rules but yet every single person followed them. i thought about starting something like that on here for the hell of it then realized the first post would be a stupid picture, this is dumb, or something else immature. does not make any sense how some forums which are much much larger seem more mature. i mean yeah they have their trolls, new people, flame wars, etc but overall it is like 10x more maintained. the threads stay on topic, people do not come in and start posting stupid shit or random arguments, gifs, photos, etc.

We need more theusedguy & linkinparkhood. Villians always bring out the best of the forums.

hahaha im a villan now?

youre at -50 in less than 2 weeks.

this place has gone more and more downhill over time to the point now where it nose dived off the cliff. like a few others have already said, i pretty much stopped posting here for the most part because of all the nonsense. there have always been trolls, dumb new people, people who ask stupid questions, say stupid things or make stupid threads, flame wars and people who go out of their way to stir the pot. but not at the level it is now. all that stuff has become worse as of late and is way out of hand now. mainly because people refuse to let threads die by continuing arguments just for the sake of arguing and/or taking the thread completely off topic trying to be funny. the most frustrating thing is that it is the same culprits every time, the usual suspects where when you see a seemingly innocuous thread explode over the course of a day it's because the same handful of people decide to derail the train.

once a thread gets past page two it turns into bitching, whining, name calling, flame wars, trolling and gifs. yes, this is the internet but everything can easily be kept to a minimum, with or without mods stepping. there seems to be very little moderating going on now except for the occasional merging of threads or banning of competing distros. while initially funny, every thread does not need to be turned into Scalabrine or Shaq, or who can post the funniest or most appropriate gif just because. this place does provide a lot of useful info, but more often than not you have to sift through a bunch of irrelevant posts to find the one or two posts that actually answer something. which never used to be the case three or even two years ago.

well put. the other day i was noticing a thread on the eb forums. it was a word game and everyone just posts one word after another. no rules but yet every single person followed them. i thought about starting something like that on here for the hell of it then realized the first post would be a stupid picture, this is dumb, or something else immature. does not make any sense how some forums which are much much larger seem more mature. i mean yeah they have their trolls, new people, flame wars, etc but overall it is like 10x more maintained. the threads stay on topic, people do not come in and start posting stupid shit or random arguments, gifs, photos, etc.

if jsut a few people were banned this place could get a lot better. just a lot of bitching and moaning and people just being assholes for no reason.

[image]

if jsut a few people were banned this place could get a lot better. just a lot of bitching and moaning and people just being assholes for no reason.

what are you talking about, linkinparkhood? You're on the ban list!

I don't know if its me growing tired, but while I still pop in here every time I'm bored and at a non-school computer, I don't open too many threads anymore. I use the fuck out of tabbed browsing, and I can remember having like 45 tabbed threads open to read through everything. Now I open like 6 and wish I didn't even open them.

Karma is meaningless here people. The sooner you understand that, the better.

N&B has a word association thread that is 7 pages long...you never know until you try. Don't fear the morons here, just do it.