Latest eBay Annoyance (Feedback Extortion Content)

Told the story to a friend of mine who just sifted through the feedbacks this guy left for others. They're a fucking treat, let me tell you. Many of them are "got damaged in shipping thx for partial refund" and "was a little bent so got partial refund." It's just his little scheme on eBay. Unreal.

I enjoyed "ok almost perfect just alittle white mark and comic bag ripped,got partial refun" on a $2 comic, and "comics got damaged and got small refund, not what i was owed but whateva...." from a $4 comic book.

It's ridiculous that ebay doesn't let sellers at least leave neutral feedback any more.

eBay is littered with assholes but the truth is that most are solid folks. Getting burned on one or two items however always leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

In the past few months I've bought two records that came with more surface scuffs or scratches than advertised and both times I settled up for a partial refund. I think the way you are approached indicates who's legit and who is a scammer.

I don't think I've ever given negative or non-perfect feedback on ebay, and I used to use it a lot. Unless it's clear the seller is an incompetent fuckbag or too retarded to actually be selling things via the internet, things happen. Oh no, the package was scuffed! Boohoo. Does it still work?

I guess I have a higher tolerance for stuff than most.

I don't think I've ever given negative or non-perfect feedback on ebay, and I used to use it a lot. Unless it's clear the seller is an incompetent fuckbag or too retarded to actually be selling things via the internet, things happen. Oh no, the package was scuffed! Boohoo. Does it still work?

I guess I have a higher tolerance for stuff than most.

I feel the same way. Even if something comes a little scratched, but plays fine, I don't give a fuck. I only have an issue if what I buy does not work at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

AMAZING HILARIOUS TERRIFYING UPDATE!

This guy called me yesterday.

I posted a huge new batch of records on eBay this weekend. Yesterday I get a call and it's this guy. He said, "Yeah, I bought something on eBay from you a while back and I'm trying to buy this record ou've got listed but it says I'm blocked." I was so fucking shocked that dude had the balls to call me, but I kept my cool. "Yes, I blocked you because I had some trouble with you last time and we won't be doing business together." "Well, I couldn't find the feedback I left-" "Yes, because it was rules feedback extortion and removed immediately." "Yeah well I just kinda wanted to make it right. This is the last one I need for my collection." "We're not doing business together. Goodbye."

Turns out he put in a request to get my phone number from eBay and they were kind enough to send me a notice that he had asked. Oh, not that they were like, "Hey, is this okay? I mean he's on your blocked list and everything but..." No, just, "This dude asked for your shit and we gave it to him because fuck you I guess, right?!"

An hour later, a new user made an offer on the record. The user had this dude's last name in his username. And he made an offer instead of just trying to buy it! I declined it immediately, but then he bought it outright before I could add him to my blocked list. And then (my favorite part), he sends a messagefrom his old (blocked) account ASKING ME FOR A DISCOUNT ON SHIPPING of this item. The fucing actual balls on this guy.

I sent a transaction cancellation request right away and called eBay. The woman literally said, "Oh jeez. I'm sorry." when I explained the situation. She assured me that the transaction would be cancelled and that any feedback left as a result would be removed. So I relisted the item and someone else bought it pretty quickly. Guy who bought it was in TX (original dude is in NY) so I figured no connection. Then I get a message from the new buyer: "hi i was just wondering i saw this for sale eariler today and it looked like somebaody bought it and then later i saw it for sale again so i bought it now was there a problem with the buyer or something please let me know otherwise payment will be sent tomorrow please pack well and write fragile all over the box also please send me a delivery confirmation # let me know when it ships"

Which basically tells me this is that guy using a friend's account. Whatever. Anyway.

I refund crazy dude's payment with a note that it's been sold to another buyer. He repays it. I refund it. He repays it. So I had to call eBay today where I got a much less friendly dude saying, "Well, we need to make sure we have enough proof that the accounts are linked." Ugh. He says it looks pretty obvious and he's forwarding the case to their "team" that handles shit like this and also to the team that handles buyers who fuck with sellers with malicious intent. I'm sure that will amount to some super awesome nothing, since blocking this guy DID NOT PREVENT THE FROM GIVING HIM MY FUCKING PHONE NUMBER.

I'm so glad this is my last purge on eBay. I hate people so much.