Red Hot Chili Peppers - One Hot Minute PO

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and what's the "gimmick"?

This band has been around for almost 30 years, still sell out arenas and are in the rock and hall of fame.

Clearly not a gimmick

Doesn't Kiss fit into that category too?

But yeah I'm just messing around I don't really get the gimmick thing either. The bro thing I can at least kind of understand.

Ya know...I'm a RHCP fanboy...and I really dug 'One Hot Minute'...but I will admit that the album was completely outside of their comfort zone and sound...it may have expanded their style w/ Navarrro doing guitars but it was a plateu for them...I don't hate and scoff at it as some people do...I don't see the reason why...but yeah, it'a an alright album and does have some gems in the songs.

But definitely not worth this price.

Ya know...I'm a RHCP fanboy...and I really dug 'One Hot Minute'...but I will admit that the album was completely outside of their comfort zone and sound...it may have expanded their style w/ Navarrro doing guitars but it was a plateu for them...I don't hate and scoff at it as some people do...I don't see the reason why...but yeah, it'a an alright album and does have some gems in the songs.

But definitely not worth this price.

well put. Always been a huge fan of these album. Coffee shop is an epic jam

This band has been around for almost 30 years, still sell out arenas and are in the rock and hall of fame.

Clearly not a gimmick

But yeah I'm just messing around I don't really get the gimmick thing either. The bro thing I can at least kind of understand.

Kiss are not in the hall of fame. I am also unaware when the RHCP wore makeup, spit blood and had pyro

Kiss are not in the hall of fame. I am also unaware when the RHCP wore makeup, spit blood and had pyro

You are right, they were nominated, but never inducted.

John Frusciante (their guitar player for most of their popular albums) is one of my all-time favorite musicians. His solo stuff really, really good, in my opinion. That might be some of the reason why I have a soft spot for RHCP. I really like a lot of their stuff, but I can definitely see the bro aspect of some of it. Didn't care for this album as much though, because it was with Dave Navarro instead of JF, so I think I'll pass for that price.

John is probably my favorite musician ever. The 5 albums he did with RHCP are definitely their best. I love Josh too, but he's still finding his place. I'm really hoping that I'm With You is like Mother's Milk. Josh is still trying to find his footing, like John was on that album, and perhaps their next album will be amazing. One can hope!

Yeah, it kind of pisses me off when people say stuff like "Lolz do people actually like this band?" Yup, I do. They're insanely talented musicians who have consistently written and produced great music for the last 30 years.

Yeah, I totally agree with you ^. After John left the band again, I wasn't sure that I would follow them much anymore, but since Josh was his replacement, I had some hope. I was pretty impressed with their new one though, and am looking forward to what Josh can bring on their next album.

And I'm also hoping for another John solo album. Supposedly he has one in the works, but he's pretty quiet about all of it. I was hoping that with him leaving the band that his solo output would pick up again, and that I'd actually get to see him solo live. Maybe someday...