Budweiser to release will.i.am flexi 7-inch ad

Well, that is something:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/branding/budweiser-inbev-partners-with-will-i-am-1007070162.story

[image]

To promote its partnership in Brazil with Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am, the Anheuser-Busch InBev brand pressed his new song "Great Times" into a vinyl magazine advertisement playable on any turntable. Client and agency (Agência Africa São Paulo) claim this is a first, although that's wishful thinking -- they're banking on people not actually remembering the '70s, when playable page-size vinyl was packaged inside music magazines quite often.

I still have my McDonald's flexi from decades ago. That came in the newspaper, if I remember correctly.

Maybe this will lead to more flexis in more magazines - I miss that. Eventually they'll be put out by a company I support and an artist I care about. I see this as only a good thing.

I believe you are correct. Used to have one way back when, but lost it many years ago.

AP should start an exclusive sub that includes flexis in quarterly magazines. Make it actually have bands to check out....not Breathe Carolina and the the various other assholes that make the cover month after month :P

Didn't they do a title fight and wonder years flexi or were you just being facetious?

Maybe this will lead to more flexis in more magazines. Eventually they'll be put out by a company I support and an artist I care about. I see this as only a good thing.

My thoughts exactly, looking past the ass-hattery of claiming this is a new thing, I'd be stoked to get a zine 2-3 times a year from certain labels with playable adds for artists I'm into.

I know some of us would get two subscriptions just so we can have one we don't take out of the wrapper :P