No Doubt - Push and Shove

No Doubt announced the release of their new album "Push and Shove" on September 25th. The first single on the album will be entited "Settle Down" and will be released July 15th. I'm really hoping this is going to be a return to their early days stylisticly. When I saw them in 2009, they played a good bit of older stuff and also a cover of the Skatalites classic "Guns of Navarone". Also Keeping fingers crossed for a vinyl release of this album.

http://www.billboard.com/news/no-doubt-to-push-and-shove-on-sept-25-1007303952.story#/news/no-doubt-to-push-and-shove-on-sept-25-1007303952.story

i like the solo stuff. especially the first album. it's good for what it is. i like to imagine she was trolling the world by writing crap lyrics and putting it to catchy tunes and lol'd all the way to the bank. or maybe she went to Japan and did a lot of coke while writing. shrug.

anyway, we can all hope it won't sound like rock steady but more like any of the older albums. but i have a feeling it will be completely different and i'll dig it anyway.

So I remember reading early on that the guys in the band were writing music and it was ska, ska/rock like their early sound. They even talked about how weird it was doing demos and using keyboards for the horn parts. I've been following this for a long time cause they were my favorite band in 1996-2000. I loved Beacon Street, Tragic Kingdom and S/T.

HOWEVER, after Gwen came in, it seemed it went more towards a pop/Rock Steady kinda sound...and once the major label and producers came in, I think all the ska influences were dropped completely. One track they've been hyping up was a colab with Major Lazer...and that is not gonna be early ND sound...that will be like Rocksteady part two. So I've lost hope on this album. Maybe I'll be surprised since my expectations are so low now??

Yeah, I didn't hear any of this news... kinda bummed about that. When I saw them in 2009, they were great. Full horn section, keyboards, the whole works. As I mentioned, even did a cover of Guns of Navarone. I'm really hoping the ska influences didn't get COMPLETELY pushed out... I guess whether I'll be picking this up depends on what this first single that's comming out in about a month sounds like...

• 1 month later...

So I remember reading early on that the guys in the band were writing music and it was ska, ska/rock like their early sound. They even talked about how weird it was doing demos and using keyboards for the horn parts. I've been following this for a long time cause they were my favorite band in 1996-2000. I loved Beacon Street, Tragic Kingdom and S/T.

HOWEVER, after Gwen came in, it seemed it went more towards a pop/Rock Steady kinda sound...and once the major label and producers came in, I think all the ska influences were dropped completely. One track they've been hyping up was a colab with Major Lazer...and that is not gonna be early ND sound...that will be like Rocksteady part two. So I've lost hope on this album. Maybe I'll be surprised since my expectations are so low now??

Yeah, this shit is bananas. B - A - N - A - N - A - S.

yeah and the video is even worse.

haven't seen the video yet....I may watch it tomorrow for shits and giggles. But man... unless this is the worst song on the album, there is no way in hell I'm even comming close to buying this. Seriously, I feel like it's the worst single the band's ever released. I was hoping for at least a little reggae, but instead we got this dancehall infuenced shitfest of a song. ugh.

Their is far too much cash in not going back to their old sound. Every Beiber/Gaga/Swift fan will gobble this up

yeah, I have a feeling that's what happened. I want the an album of the unreleased ska songs they started writing in 2009 that apparently got dumped in the trash by Gwen and the label heads.

I also thought it was funny that the horn players were in the video, yet I didn't hear a single horn in the song. Anybody else notice that?