Death Waltz Recording Co. Vinyl Soundtrack Label for Cult Film Enthusiasts

What are you basing this on?  The website clearly states "An edition of 700 heavy weight 180g on clear vinyl with RANDOM green, white and blue effects."  I wonder sometimes if people on here can read.

http://deathwaltzrecordingcompany.com/shop/the-fog/

Ouch? Maybe some of us didn't get a chance to catch the site before it crashed? Jeez...

I'm basing this on the fact that I've seen a few US orders popping up ALL being the splatter version and ALSO on the fact that multiple resellers in the UK are stating the Haze version.

Why don't you ask me a question BEFORE being a dick? Damn.

Ouch? Maybe some of us didn't get a chance to catch the site before it crashed? Jeez...

I'm basing this on the fact that I've seen a few US orders popping up ALL being the splatter version and ALSO on the fact that multiple resellers in the UK are stating the Haze version.

Well, that info has been up for over a month.  Maybe you could have uncovered it during your exhaustive detective work.  

I'm in the US and mine is on haze. It's random. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

38 bucks... Is it worth that? I know it's a great OST but...

I have the original pressing and it is. The damn jacket is like a tank, so thick and solid, heavy as hell. The print is awesome and top notch. The screened bag is cool. Then, of course most importantly, it sounds awesome and looks cool to boot. I don't think the repress comes with the print or bag, but same jacket (aka heavy as hell.)

To add to the "is it worth it" is Mondo's Maniac (remake) really worth $25 (after shipping)? I mean it's not even gatefold. I got lucky with the white, and like having both as an OCD dork, but I mean it's not like it's some high end stuff. Vinyl releases with just as much quality and content as that go for $15 easily in record stores. So whatever, just putting it out there for some perspective and playing devil's advocate. PLEASE don't let this churn into some lame internet dork fight. 

I have the original pressing and it is. The damn jacket is like a tank, so thick and solid, heavy as hell. The print is awesome and top notch. The screened bag is cool. Then, of course most importantly, it sounds awesome and looks cool to boot. I don't think the repress comes with the print or bag, but same jacket (aka heavy as hell.)

To add to the "is it worth it" is Mondo's Maniac (remake) really worth $25 (after shipping)? I mean it's not even gatefold. I got lucky with the white, and like having both as an OCD dork, but I mean it's not like it's some high end stuff. Vinyl releases with just as much quality and content as that go for $15 easily in record stores. So whatever, just putting it out there for some perspective and playing devil's advocate. PLEASE don't let this churn into some lame internet dork fight. 

hey, you're the dork, guy! ;)

Also, no. Mondo's Maniac was NOT worth $25. It's one of the least impressive (sans art and 180g vinyl) packages I've seen. No insert. Flimsy cardboard sleeve. Plain white inside sleeve. Terrible package.

As for the Fog, there is a difference between $25 and $40 :\ and it's pretty sizeable in my opinion. I'm going to order this because the others go for like 100+, and this soundtrack is amazing. But, I don't think this will come with anything but the vinyl package, so I don't see $40 being worth it.

That said, I've been meaning to talk to you jkelly - PM inbound!

So Death Waltz just tweeted this recently:

"@deathwaltzrecs: Sometimes this job's a joy just got sketches for @Ti_West The Innkeeprs sleeve... boy it's creepy. First time we've used this artist too"

If that means they're about to press the Innkeepers soundtrack, I'm gonna flip my shit.

i read that tweet too. Also getting a release, not sure when though is Frizzis Citt of the Living Dead score. Sweeeet!

The Fog Blakes Gold Edition sale info from DW -

"The Fog repress will be hitting today (Tuesday 13th August) and we’re going to try and make it as fair as possible for everyone to get a copy….

UK & US Record stores will get stock early morning. So call you local store and ask them if they have copies. If they do, feel free to tweet us so we can retweet.

We’ll be letting you know via Twitter and Facebook when stores have stock.

Mail order – Light In The Attic and Ourselves will have them on sale after 4PM UK time. I’d suggest American & Canadian folks hit LITA as the shipping will be considerably less than direct from DWRC (this thing weighs a ton!)

Our system is set to ONE PER PERSON to try and cut down the flippers. Be warned if you put two or more in your basket your order will no go through!

We have a backup plan if the site crashes icon_wink.gif"

http://deathwaltzrecordingcompany.com/the-fog-blakes-gold-edition/

I want this but it's so expensive.

LITA will have it I think, $32 for what you get is 100% worth it. It is THE nicest packaging ever. Even without the printed plastic sleeve the first came with, it is awesome! The jacket stock is like thick cardboard, thickest I've ever seen on an LP, the sound kills, the glass/matte printed image on the front looks amazing. The notes by Carpenter and cool. Seriously, worth the $32 from LITA if you can get in on it.

I mean, what are Mondo double LP's? $25 + shipping? So for around $5 more for a superior package and one of THE best OST's ever? Cmon. CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! It's not that expensive compared to other 2xLP OST reissues now a days.

LITA will have it I think, $32 for what you get is 100% worth it. It is THE nicest packaging ever. Even without the printed plastic sleeve the first came with, it is awesome! The jacket stock is like thick cardboard, thickest I've ever seen on an LP, the sound kills, the glass/matte printed image on the front looks amazing. The notes by Carpenter and cool. Seriously, worth the $32 from LITA if you can get in on it

Aww it doesn't come with the bag? I'm so close to buying it.