MAN ADVICE

I have an interesting story from this weekend. There is a bartender at the gay bar who is extremely attractive. but he always flirts with me, my roommate, and my gay best friend. We had no clue if he was gay, bi, or straight. my roommate and gay friend decided to see if one of them could get him to come over. they wanted me to join in but I have enough shit going on so I opted to sit back and watch what went down. both of them are shamelessly saying inappropriate things to him the entire night. it comes time to close our tabs, and he slides me a piece of paper with his number on it. Then he asks if my roommate and I ever make out or touch each other. I give the number to my roommate. we go home and my roommate is texting the bartender, telling him to come over and smoke. he does. I get a weird feeling about this so I decide to go to bed. I figured my roommate would be fine because there were still a couple people hanging out, mostly guys. I am woken up 30 minutes later to my roommate and the bartender jumping on my bed. again the guy is like ‘do you guys ever make out’. I was totally being solicited for a threesome. I called them assholes and told them to get out. Next morning I wake up and he is STILL THERE. he goes to breakfast with us, then comes back and lingers for almost the entire day.

only bring a date to a wedding if it's a definite plus one situation. a lot of people plan for only a certain number, so i'd double check if a date is welcome before asking someone!

Definitely had a + guest on the envelope but usually an invitation has a box to check for whether you are going +1 or not. This didn't. I am wondering with the super catholic family if I am actually expected to bring someone vs. just allowed.

Usual plan is to just go to weddings solo. I have more fun with my freedom anyways and I hate getting pulled on the dance floor. I don't know. I'll figure it out today. I really only have one girl at the moment who I am close enough with to bring around the family and consider a prospect (it's not a perfect situation. Maybe share some other time). So the debate is do I ask her or do I take the chance of going solo and hopefully ending up with something new.

Definitely had a + guest on the envelope but usually an invitation has a box to check for whether you are going +1 or not. This didn't. I am wondering with the super catholic family if I am actually expected to bring someone vs. just allowed.

Usual plan is to just go to weddings solo. I have more fun with my freedom anyways and I hate getting pulled on the dance floor. I don't know. I'll figure it out today. I really only have one girl at the moment who I am close enough with to bring around the family and consider a prospect (it's not a perfect situation. Maybe share some other time). So the debate is do I ask her or do I take the chance of going solo and hopefully ending up with something new.

sometimes you have more fun bringing a friend with no expectations. one of my good friends had a guy friend she hadn't talked to in years ask her to be his date to a wedding out of the blue, and now they've been dating for 5 months, so ya never know what could happen!

personally, if i was single, i'd rather go with someone that there wasn't any pressure to be 'exclusive' with, in case you'd meet someone new who was super cool.

really not sure where my situation is going. Girl I'm seeing asked if it would be weird if she spent the night after we hang out tonight. Essentially, she lives on the way other side of SF so hanging out at my place in Oakland is kinda a pain for her if she has to get home. I give her rides home without question cause I know it's a pain. I told her I didn't mind, but left her the option that if she changed her mind, I would still give her a ride home after we hung out.

Still feel like a friends with benefits deal at the moment, but I can't help but feel that soon one of us is going to break down and try to make things exclusive. I'd be lying if I said that we weren't becoming closer. Bah I'm sure it's just cause she doesn't want me to drive her home so late. Also, it is easier since we both work in the city.

sometimes you have more fun bringing a friend with no expectations. one of my good friends had a guy friend she hadn't talked to in years ask her to be his date to a wedding out of the blue, and now they've been dating for 5 months, so ya never know what could happen!

personally, if i was single, i'd rather go with someone that there wasn't any pressure to be 'exclusive' with, in case you'd meet someone new who was super cool.

Alright I sent the invitation via text. She's a teacher so probably won't hear back for a couple hours.

It's one of my sister's friends. 24, never had a boyfriend. My read on the situation is that she is just one of those girls that wants to find someone to marry instead of just going out and giving things a chance. Timid. I tried a couple years ago to take her out and was rebuffed, so I moved my attention elsewhere. It's been long enough to test the water again. If she wasn't so damn cute she wouldn't be worth the trouble. I'm aiming high but not out of reach.

If the answer is no, then I'm going +0.

The problem with the girl I would bring if I was dipping into the total friend-zone is that I am 99.9% sure that if I asked her out it would be a yes and I'm just not interested. Would send the wrong message. She's a blast, though, and the most fun / outgoing person I know.

Also a friend's ex, and I made my policy on that clear last page.

Madie, dude from the bar sounds like a total creeper.

roadmonkey, are you not wanting anything more from the girl from SF?

Honestly, I hadn't though too much about it. I don't want a serious exclusive relationship now because the divorce is still fresh, and I'm not sure if I'd want something serious now because I really like the girl or because she's just the next one. She's really awesome to hang with and talk to. Fun in the sack too. I think I'm reading too much into it all. Just gonna ride it out ans see what happens. I feel that things become a lot harder when you place expectations on them.

:(

the only play i get is the same old drunk girl ramble about how if she were a lesbian i'd be at the top of her list and blah blah blah.

every. damn. week.

that ain't gettin ya grl laid. shoot. -_-

i kind of have boobs. you could just pretend my penis was a strap on.

ronnie's gonna make sweet love down by the fire. with his wiener. in a lady. yayayayyayayayyayayay.

no sweet sweet love making has been done quite yet, though we both want to really bad.  things got pretty heated up on the couch last night, after watching a couple movies we ended up making out for a couple of hours.  it was actually pretty awesome to just make out for awhile, it's been awhile since i've just made out without the intention of gettin' it in.  she stayed the night and we cuddled, it was awesome and i've had a giant goofy-ass smile on my face all day.  pretty certain i'm falling hard for this girl. 

Alright I sent the invitation via text. She's a teacher so probably won't hear back for a couple hours.

It's one of my sister's friends. 24, never had a boyfriend. My read on the situation is that she is just one of those girls that wants to find someone to marry instead of just going out and giving things a chance. Timid. I tried a couple years ago to take her out and was rebuffed, so I moved my attention elsewhere. It's been long enough to test the water again. If she wasn't so damn cute she wouldn't be worth the trouble. I'm aiming high but not out of reach.

If the answer is no, then I'm going +0.

Didn't even get a response...ouch.

Oh well. No retreat, no regrets.

Do what I did the last wedding that I went to.  My buddy was getting married in Little Rock and made a joke about having a plus one, as there has been a perpetual revolving door of ladies in my life at the time.  I decided that I would go to Arkansas dateless, but was determined to find a date the night prior.  I went to a bar, spotted a pretty girl, bought her a drink and asked her to go to a wedding with me the next day, to which she said yes.  It was pretty awesome. 

Do what I did the last wedding that I went to.  My buddy was getting married in Little Rock and made a joke about having a plus one, as there has been a perpetual revolving door of ladies in my life at the time.  I decided that I would go to Arkansas dateless, but was determined to find a date the night prior.  I went to a bar, spotted a pretty girl, bought her a drink and asked her to go to a wedding with me the next day, to which she said yes.  It was pretty awesome. 

Ha that actually sounds like it could work.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable bringing a strange chick to a friend's wedding than a close family member's.

she brought it up. she's practically begging for attention.

in high school. doesn't everyone kiss in high school?

the wedding thing, seriously, go solo.

single girls there will be in such a mood to get it on... seeing a couple cement their love in a large ceremony usually has that effect.

I keep backing out on every occasion the dude I like asks me to hang. We've been talking for months now, but he lives in South Jersey. So, it's kind of hard to see him. I don't know what to do because I really do like him, but I don't want to get involved right now after all the shit I've been through the last few months (even anything physical, but my mind is screaming "do him" all the time). I just feel like I'm being a huge dick and wish he would just move onto someone better and closer. I have no idea why he hasn't already. Can someone on here just punch me instead of giving me man advice? kthnx