MAN ADVICE

I drive way out of my way to avoid driving near my ex's apartment. It's been 1 year or so since we stopped talking but I still think about how fucking stupid that girl made me. Even typing this I'm getting more and more worked up.

I'll never forget the moment she told me that I was just like her ex husband who was physically and emotionally abusive. I hope she was just saying that to hurt me because I knew what she went through with him and was the sweetest guy possible with her.

Meh I guess I can add her to the list of people who consider me a sociopath. I've got a co-worker who describes me in this manner. "I've worked with someone who has been convicted of murder but (me) is by far the worst person I've ever met." My old boss banned me from looking him in the eyes because he found it "threatening and intimidating" when I looked him in the eyes. At some point I'll just have to adopt consensus and admit I am a sociopath.

yeah i'm gonna need to see a picture of you now. be sure to stare directly at the camera.

having sex with someone you love > someone you don't.

and it sucks

I would disagree...

this goes back to the sex, fucking, and making love conversation we had earlier in the thread.

I live a couple of blocks away from my ex-wife, she's friends with some of my friends, and works at a bar I used to frequent. Needless to say, that shit was pretty rough for awhile.

Also, sometimes having sex with somebody you're not in love with is pretty damn awesome. Like Madie said, refer back to the "sex, fucking, making love" portion of the thread. But then again, maybe I'm just kind of a man slut.

having sex with someone you love isn't necessarily great because you love them, but because of the familiarity. you know each other well enough to have awesome sex.

with a one night stand, it's usually just an awkward attempt at the few moves you're used to, and hoping they work.

apparently no one here has ever had hate sex.

(i kid)

guilty. won't go into specifics, but after about 30 minutes i got bored and left. just wasn't worth it. but not before i stole her gatorade and a whole unopened can of pringles. that can of pringles was so much more satisfying than that relationship ever was.

Side note, met a gal that I'm taking things slow with, which is awesome because she gives me butterflies. We can all acknowledge how amazing butterflies are right?

When they get you nervous yes. But not to the point where you have to poop when you are around her because you are so nervous. Can we all agree that poop butterflies are awful?

was at a party tonight, and spent most of my time on the porch where people were smoking. after a while i realized i've never lit someone's cigarette for them. after having a laugh, i lit cigs for two guys. a moment later this girl came out, asking for a light.. so after we all celebrated the first time i lit one for a woman- she got really defensive. stared accusing me of blatantly hitting on her, and just kind of being crazy.

"i don't get what the big deal is, it's not like you're the first guy to ever do that for me". she was just incredibly self-absorbed, and it was as entertaining as it was uncomfortable for everyone on the porch.

I just ran an appointment for work, and it brought me to the neighborhood of my ex. Seven years to the day that we started dating.

I swear I'm over it. But still..

The only nice thing about never getting girls is not having to deal with losing them,

And I have extra spending money,

And there's really not much else.

So I'm overly confident when it comes to ladies I'm not trying to have anything serious with, yet when it comes to girls that I could potentially have a future with, I become the least confident fella ever. The gal I'm talking to in super gorgeous and seems to be acting different the last two days. Maybe it's only in my head, and I know I should keep those thoughts to myself because gals really dig confidence (right Mafie?).

Also, on the topic of lighting a gals cigarette, that's the reason I started carrying a lighter. Keep it classy.

• 2 weeks later...

my ex texted me on thursday, "happy thanksgiving... our first holiday apart".

i was flabbergasted, and nearly spit out my beer when my friend said, "what, about halloween bitch?"

since then, i've noticed her kind of vying for my attention. and i hate to dismiss it, but distance sucked 3 months ago, and it's not going to suck any less now. especially now that i have a job that's kind of grounded me here in western mass for the foreseeable future, so there's no chance i'll end up in indy any time soon.

and i still can't shake that girl kyle i was talking to. met up with her and a friend for drinks the other night, and a conversation we had kind of cleared up some suspicions... like when she initially cut me off, it was totally because of another guy. who was in town for a weekend. and now back to living in australia.

it's just annoying when she's constantly on fb and ig whining about not having a boyfriend lately. "hey bitch! i'm right here! and totally willing to ignore the countless red flags you've waived at me! because i'm a dope! but a dope who will tear that fine ass apart..."

I had a really shitty Thanksgiving for the most part because of my relationship. I wanted to spend Thanksgiving with my family, because I haven't in almost five years. The reason it's been so long is because I always went to my ex's house for Thanksgiving because that's when they celebrated Christmas for whatever reason. Anyways, my girlfriend was pissed off about it, even though she wouldn't admit it. I knew because she was short with me, and saying things like "k" and "do whatever you want". Fucking HATE when women do that. She was even tweeting her disdain for my decision, and saying how we won't spend any of the holidays together because she will be with her mom on Christmas. So my girlfriend decided to come with me to my family's for Thanksgiving, and not her own. Well, her mom got pissed because she wasn't there and it made me feel like shit.

Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to Christmas after this whole debacle.

Just caught up. The talks about old flames led me to dig through old documents because I wrote an entire epic poem about one of my old lady-friends. This was forever ago that I wrote it, but it is still one of the favorite things I've ever written. It was prior to meeting the wife, so it's always weird rereading things that have no emotional merit. Here's a snippet where I write about her old neighborhood, where every street is named after a race horse.

All of these street names were once horses, incredibly quick on their feet, now just descriptions of drives and avenues. The stories of these neighborhood valleys are held together by the glue that adorns their very signs…

Citation was the son of Bull Mare and Hydroplane, trained by Jimmy Jones, mounted by Eddie Arcaro. That thoroughbred lived through the sixties and took refuge in Lexington.

As she lies on that brown beach under that blue sky next to that green bag, I bet she has no idea what her street ever accomplished.

Its triple crown is buried underneath Indiana snow banks.

Its sixteen consecutive major event wins tucked away in the neighbor’s mailbox.

The horse is dead.

I was passing Tim Tam, a road I barely know.

Apparently, everyone has the urge to take a right on that street in an effort to arrive in front of her house.

They have the urge, because Tom Fool and Two Lea created the winner of the ’58 Derby.

A broken sesamoid bone ended the smiles Tim Tam created after Belmont. That street ended up fucking out fourteen kids after its last race; broken bones and siring the best of the best.

If I ever pass that street again, I’ll know not to turn based on its loosest of affiliations with Yorkshire Terriers and snack biscuits.

And Candy Spots had birth markings all over his ass; black and white, just like the aforementioned houses that adorn the same street. Those spots stared down another seven horses on the track of Santa Anita in the year of 1963.

The son of Swaps took away any shot of the crown. That’s why you won’t find Chateaugay in the same neighborhood as these other respectable steeds.

Spots would begin the linear genetic path leading to Candy Éclair, who would win fifteen of her twenty-three races.

And those are just a few of the many horses that clutter up the street signs of her neighborhood... names that are responsible for historical home foreclosures, divorce, suicide, earthquakes, plagues, gas-station robberies.

Organ-driven love songs.

Bloody Mary overdrafts.

Dreams of dust and clowns.

The bane of my existence.

There are other old-timers, whose names are displayed above the heads of all. In an Arial Narrow font, horses titled ‘Sword Dancer,’ ‘Whirlaway’ and ‘Personality’ linger in their reflective glory. I never ended up on any of those streets to my left. There was no point.

Never bet on chalk.

Never put any on a horse named ‘All About Trevor,’ no matter what the odds are.

If she’s wearing red shoes, get the hell out of there.

Never blue. Always red.

The colors are very dull.

Bloody Mary overdrafts.

I had a really shitty Thanksgiving for the most part because of my relationship. I wanted to spend Thanksgiving with my family, because I haven't in almost five years. The reason it's been so long is because I always went to my ex's house for Thanksgiving because that's when they celebrated Christmas for whatever reason. Anyways, my girlfriend was pissed off about it, even though she wouldn't admit it. I knew because she was short with me, and saying things like "k" and "do whatever you want". Fucking HATE when women do that. She was even tweeting her disdain for my decision, and saying how we won't spend any of the holidays together because she will be with her mom on Christmas. So my girlfriend decided to come with me to my family's for Thanksgiving, and not her own. Well, her mom got pissed because she wasn't there and it made me feel like shit.

Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to Christmas after this whole debacle.

when my gf is mad at me her favorite phrase is "i'm fine"

no you are not fine! just tell me you're mad haha

anyway what i've figured out is that it is not the end of the damn world if you (collective you) and the gf do not spend every holiday together. sometimes being with family is just NECESSARY. the entire time i was with my ex it was a constant struggle on that front. for 5 years didn't get to spend thanksgiving with my family and never got to spend enough time at home at christmas - there's a bit more to it in my story because her family lives in this area and mine is up in western NY. i always got annoyed when she wanted to split holiday time between my family and hers because she could see her damn mom any time she damn wanted. damn.

tl;dr: it's okay to spend holidays apart and don't let her mom make you feel like shit, her kid is a big girl who made the choice to have turkey day with you and yours

Side note, met a gal that I'm taking things slow with, which is awesome because she gives me butterflies. We can all acknowledge how amazing butterflies are right?

You have the best luck with chicks on here I swear. I'm happy for you, it's always a nice feeling meeting someone new.

so I broke up with my girlfriend a month ago due to numerous problems. she begged me to get back together for a couple of weeks, and I told her that I could see us getting back together. but I was sort of set on moving on. I didn't. go figure, I want her back now. I told her this and she said "give me time" and she needs to "get her shit together"...

I'm a fucking moron for having feelings for her again, I know. But what do I do? I'm getting the feeling that she's moving on. I want to disappear pretty much. I can't eat or sleep and I skipped all my classes so far this week. Half the time I feel like I'm gonna be sick. What the fuck is wrong with me?

As you can tell by the rambling, I'm not thinking straight...I don't think I've ever been so down about something.

I need help