$150 Audiophile Turntable: This could be interesting

Looks like they are fully funded.

They also added a black version to the $250 limted edition color range in case you didn't like the green. Also a Ortofon OM-5e cartridge instead of the OM-3e for the limited editions. looks like it may be time to pull the trigger. Still will go with green cause it looks bad ass.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/uturnaudio/the-orbit-turntable-0/posts/373639

Looks like they are fully funded.

They also added a black version to the $250 limted edition color range in case you didn't like the green. Also a Ortofon OM-5e cartridge instead of the OM-3e for the limited editions. looks like it may be time to pull the trigger. Still will go with green cause it looks bad ass.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/uturnaudio/the-orbit-turntable-0/posts/373639

Yeah if I was going in on one I would totally pickup the green, it looks badass and hopefully won't be sold outside of the kickstarter.

Is the standard price going to be higher than the $150 for the Kickstarter.  If not, I'd rather just wait on it.  I'll probably get it but don't want to have $150 payment sitting out there for a few months.

I think I read somewhere that one of the U \-Turn guys said that they can't guarantee that regular production models will maintain this low of a price.

I guess I am just going to assume that since it is selling well they should have large runs of production coming so production prices should be able to stay low.  Plus if for whatever reason the Turntable isn't well received then I should be able to buy one from a audiophile who bought this and doesn't meet their standards.

debating whether i should try this out, or just get a pro-ject debut carbon. I like that the orbit "special edition" or whatever it is, comes with the acrylic platter and the OM 5e cart. Yet, the stock cart on the carbon is nice too. What do you think I would be better off doing? input and insults welcome

Carbon is already great reviewed and not made by a group of college kids, but by an audio company who has been designing tables for a long time. Plus depending on where you live, you can just go buy one today.

Some of the major points I had in mind in favor of the carbon. I guess I'm worried on the chance I'll miss out on the orbit living up to the hype, especially considering the price. then again, the carbon isn't THAT far off the orbit's price point considering pro-jects rep. I don't know, for some reason I keep coming back to that acrylic platter

I bet if had a debut carbon and a debut carbon with an acrylic platter lined up for a blind test for you, you wouldn't know the difference. You have to consider all your components in your system when identifying upgrades.

You're right. Thanks. The sucker in me was falling in love. It's all so preeettttttyyyyyy.

I bet if had a debut carbon and a debut carbon with an acrylic platter lined up for a blind test for you, you wouldn't know the difference. You have to consider all your components in your system when identifying upgrades.

I was thinking last night after reading this, and wondered what your opinion on the acrylic platter is and if it is a worthwhile upgrade for a carbon anywhere down the road? Considering what you said about not being able to tell the difference in a blind test. Also, if you had to make a guess, do you think the acrylic platter would be a significant upgrade for the orbit? I know that's nearly impossible considering you haven't heard one but I feel like you could give a solid opinion about it.

I was thinking last night after reading this, and wondered what your opinion on the acrylic platter is and if it is a worthwhile upgrade for a carbon anywhere down the road? Considering what you said about not being able to tell the difference in a blind test. Also, if you had to make a guess, do you think the acrylic platter would be a significant upgrade for the orbit? I know that's nearly impossible considering you haven't heard one but I feel like you could give a solid opinion about it.

I'm getting an acrylic platter in the mail soon for my Carbon. I'll let u know if I can find any difference. My guess is that it will reduce some of the background hum.

On the Orbit? I think it's going to be a low end table. Nice compared to an Ion, but still low end. Why invest in a table that's cheap plus all the upgrade when you could invest in just a better table? Or a better cart? Again, think about the entire system. Speakers, amp, pre, cables, not just the turntable!

On the Orbit? I think it's going to be a low end table. Nice compared to an Ion, but still low end. Why invest in a table that's cheap plus all the upgrade when you could invest in just a better table? Or a better cart? Again, think about the entire system. Speakers, amp, pre, cables, not just the turntable!

I'm glad you mention this. what cables are good? I mean, I know Monster is good, but they are overpriced. Who's the "Honda" of Cables?

I know, and I am. Just curious about your thoughts on it. Thanks!