Watch your pay pal account.

I swear I can't shake this shit. Someone made over 48 different charges to my pay pal today all on the same day. i went and changed all my passwords and called the necessary people.

They said people usually get this info from breaching a company system to get customer info.

I'm skeptical it was their site but Deathwish was the only company i've bought from with in the last week and haven't been on any public wifi.

still seems weird. i mean i can see getting cc #'s, address username/password of that particular website off a website if they're saved, etc. but deathwish shouldn't have your paypal password saved anywhere in their system.

anyway, hope you get this straightened out. sorry.

yeah well like I said i'm skeptical too it's just the only thing i've bought all week

PayPal must be slipping. One person tried to log in to my account once and they called me and were like "yo, bitches are tryin' to hack your account" so I did all the security steps and haven't had another problem.

Yeah I thought it was kinda funny I had over $1780+ charges all in one day with in a few hours time frame and my bank canceled the card but never called me.

I use a password program on my computer to help with shit like this. Basically, anytime I sign up for a new website, I use the program to make up a password for me and it's about 20 numbers and letters long. This all gets saved and I can input this information next time I come to the site and it's sync'd with my phone, so I can log into shit when I'm on my phone as well. It's not as easy as the password I've been using for everything that past several years, but it's much safer.

Google 1password if you think you might be into it. I dig it for the most part...

Did Paypal maybe mean someone at Paypal breached the companies system? With Paypal and online stores you completely leave the companies site and are on Paypals site. I do not see how any company would get any of that data. I thought that was the point of using Paypal vs. credit card was you left whatever site you were on and went to their "Secure" site? A paypal employee however can access and log into your account to some degree.

Thanks for the heads up. I never assume that these types of things will happen with Paypal and will definitely be more careful.

people, man.

can't you track down the purchases and find who they're being shipped to. maybe let the cops know?

I had this happen to me twice in 2 years. The company will NOT give you any information. They are not allowed to, it is a privacy act, even if you can prove that you are who you are. Even though they are using your name/your card. THEY will not and refuse to give information.

You have to get the cops involved and you never do find out if they get anywhere. The banks will give you your money back/cancel card and try to investigate but they never let you know the outcome. As long as you get your money back, you are lucky.

I've never understood how these things happen. These stories are crazy. I've had paypal for so long and use my paypal cards alot. Never had any major problems at all. The few minor ones I've had were fixed in minutes. I get call within minutes of unfamiliar odd purchases. and my account is frozen if the card is used in a new state until I okay it. At first it was annoying as I travel a bit. But its pretty easy, takes seconds to okay it and all is well. The one time someone charged anything I got a call within minutes and paypal refunded it instantly and said it was part of a large thing, to change my info and they'd keep me informed.

A question for those who've been hacked: anytime money goes in or out of my PayPal account I get a confirmation email instantly. When your money was taken, did you get this email and did it say who the merchant was? Also, do you guys use the same password for multiple sites? I've had my email hacked that way

I had over 2 grand taken from me about 4 months ago, that was a pain in the ass to get situated with my bank, paypal was cool, but chase blows

Same about four years ago. Paypal calmed me down and got me money back in three days. Chase, who was on the other end, acted like complete incompetent assholes and as if a mere $5,000 fraud wasn't enough to really worry about. Paypal has never been anything short of awesome in my disputes and any issues. They are in essence routed in a means of avoiding and protecting against fraud for online commerce and they seem to value that rep.

I swear I can't shake this shit. Someone made over 48 different charges to my pay pal today all on the same day. i went and changed all my passwords and called the necessary people.

They said people usually get this info from breaching a company system to get customer info.

I'm skeptical it was their site but Deathwish was the only company i've bought from with in the last week and haven't been on any public wifi.

It really sucks this happened to you. I hope you get all your money back and get squared away. I always fear this type of shit happening.

Only similar problem I've had was getting my e-mail account hacked. They just used it to send out spam and didn't change my password so it was thankfully a simple fix. My friend texted right as he got spam from me so I was able to catch it right away.

Lastly, I use a very ridiculously long password for everything and I make a unique password for everything. I try to change them every year or so, just in case.