Halloween

So Halloween is slowly approaching and it's definitely my favorite holiday. I typically pride myself at being awesome with costumes, but this year I'm drawing a blank. So I'm curious as to what everyone is planning on being. I just watched Ace Ventura so I'm pretty set on that right now. So let's hear your costumes you rad people.

halloween is a pretty big day for me, too.

esp. now that i have kids.

but this year the whole day might be spent in a car, alone, driving to texas.

my family is planning a surprise birthday for my grandmother on nov. 1st, and a plane ticket is kinda out of the question.

perhaps i'll make the trip in costume, just to amuse myself.

i wish i could still take it seriously, but the area im in has kind of sucked out all the excitement. im at the age now where people just dont really care anymore. it feels impossible to get a house party off the ground, because any fewer than like 10 people in costume is just a waste of everyones energy. and if theres not a plan in place ahead of time, the odds of anyone even caring to put in the effort are drastically cut.

the only options are really bars and college parties. and thats just not nearly as fun as partying with a group of your pals, where personal interests and creativity have way more freedom. because nothing would be more frustrating than showing up to a party as post-coitus ron swanson in his tiger woods red polo and black pants... where people dont get it at all, and rave over the dude wearing some shit he grabbed out of a package at walmart.

i wish i could still take it seriously, but the area im in has kind of sucked out all the excitement. im at the age now where people just dont really care anymore. it feels impossible to get a house party off the ground, because any fewer than like 10 people in costume is just a waste of everyones energy. and if theres not a plan in place ahead of time, the odds of anyone even caring to put in the effort are drastically cut.

This.

I just go to Knott's Berry Farms Halloween Haunt opening night (which isn't even in October) and usually just stay home on Halloween. I haven't even considered buying a costume in years.

yesssss. love Halloween. definitely my favorite time of year, the whole atmosphere is wonderful. I have nothing yet, but post-coitus ron swanson was absolutly the best suggestion for the men so far.

the only options are really bars and college parties. and thats just not nearly as fun as partying with a group of your pals, where personal interests and creativity have way more freedom. because nothing would be more frustrating than showing up to a party as post-coitus ron swanson in his tiger woods red polo and black pants... where people dont get it at all, and rave over the dude wearing some shit he grabbed out of a package at walmart.

Yeah, the lady went as Leslie Knope to a Halloween party full of "normal people" last year while I was out of town, and no one got it. They thought she was Hillary Clinton. She even had a KNOPE 2012 button on! Some people, man.