PO: Beatles Box Set

yancey47

Temporary Residence Limited posted this with the link. I think they make valid points.

"Note to record labels: NEVER boast the painstaking attention to detail you endured in the mastering and manufacturing process of a very expensive vinyl box set - you're just asking for enraged customers to throw shade until they're blue in the face.

Regardless of where they pressed these, they're playing with fire to manufacture 50,000 copies of something that is meant to be a super deluxe, boutique item. The quality control is a total crap shoot after about 5,000 copies of something like this. Not to mention they pressed these at two different plants simultaneously, so the quality isn't even consistent from record-to-record within the set."

Does anyone have any information on the differences between the records which were pressed in USA vs Europe. I see that one reviewer mentioned on amazon that european pressing is "better" and I quote: "...European manufactured pressing appear to be outstanding!"

I have the USA version and some of the records are warped and at least half of them are scuffed or with some weird residue which wont come off with cleaning. WTF?