Replacements - songs for slim

http://www.punknews....for-slim-dunlap

Article has all the details. Seems pretty fucking stupid to me. Instead of making 1000 or 2000 or however many to make money for the guitarist AND get a record to all their fans they set up a system where a few fans are gonna pay a lot of money and the rest don't get a record.

But bummer on the stroke despite my mini rant.

What's up with Chris Mars not taking part? I know his art is huge but I'm sure the others have limited time as well. I won't judge but I am curious since I'm a huge fan of his.

considering this is a benefit for Slim Dunlap, I'm gonna guess that is has something to do with a grudge

• 3 months later...

I was hoping a few would stay on the lower, but still out of my price range.  There's a chance these might drop in price a bit after the hype dies down.  For everyone bitching about availability, this is going to be released as a 12" this spring too.

Got one!  I had no plans to buy one until they announced that Paul, Tommy, and Chris got together and signed all of them.  Couldn't resist after that.  ended up buying one of the cheaper ones.  i watched the auctions all day.

Did anyone else grab one?

I did. About three times over my normal comfort zone spending-wise, but I figure if the money's going to Slim...

Got #161. $330 or so. Yikes.

well i woke up this morning thinking "Did i really just spend $300 on one record??" But you only live once I guess.  I can't believe the people who paid $500+.  Some in the thousands.  Good cause tho.  

Definitely my favorite band throughout highschool and to have most of their signatures is pretty cool.  

Now i'm off to go auction off some stuff to help pay for this.  :mellow:

well i woke up this morning thinking "Did i really just spend $300 on one record??" But you only live once I guess.  I can't believe the people who paid $500+.  Some in the thousands.  Good cause tho.  

Definitely my favorite band throughout highschool and to have most of their signatures is pretty cool.  

Now i'm off to go auction off some stuff to help pay for this.  :mellow:

#yolo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...