Ban on cell phones at shows

I don't get these last two posts. We're having a discussion over people and cell phones (which can be annoying, but not the most annoying thing at shows) and I talk about something more gross, annoying, and offensive and somehow I'm wrong, uptight, and an asshole? Am I missing something.

Bronchitis - I agree that drunk people in general at shows are more annoying, especially those who only know one song and yell to play it every 5 minutes. That said it doesn't change how I feel about smokers.

Paul - C'mon man really. I mean my post did sound a little immature, but lets be real. No I'm not calling the police but it is what it is. Illegal and gross. I should be more specific, at that show (or any show in particular) if someone is smoking I first ask them to put it out. Most oblige, no problem. Two assholes in front of me looked at me like I had 5 heads and continued for a good 5 minutes. I took an annoying push mosh snoopy dancer and pushed him into them. Self policing I guess. No that doesn't make me the biggest asshole. The fight almost happened at another show with another aggressive asshole. The jerking off comment was immature. Sorry if you or anyone else is offended.

I'm not debating smoking itself or legalization or whatever, people could do whatever. Just if I pay some money to go to some overpriced venue, I don't want smoke blown onto me if its not supposed to happen in the first place. Its a shared space. At house shows its a whole different ballgame. I usually just step outside after every set because its a house, they have their rules, and I pay a max of $8.

I agree that it is rude and pretty douchy to smoke weed in public. I personally don't feel the need to smoke at shows, but different strokes I suppose. I can definitely see where you are coming from.

I had no clue people felt so passionately about the weed thing.

I have never personally lit up at a show in the crowd, I will, however, make some friends before the show and smoke with them in the parking lot or whatever. although once in ohio I was backstage with lacy and we rolled up a few. I wasn't super comfortable just doing it out in the open like that, but I'm also fairly certain the manager of the place smoked with us, although what do I know, I was baked. so I guess it just comes with the territory and depends on how strict the staff is.

i was feeling very self-conscious about the whole weed thing this past week. i went to two circa survive shows and people were blazing around me at both. usually it doesn't really bother me, but i'm about to start a new job and have to take a drug test. if that shit comes up on there i'll be so mad. i've never smoked in my life.

I hate venues that allow smoking inside. I don't care about the weed. Stoners at shows are super mellow and belligerent like the drunk bros. It's the people who chain-smoke cigarettes I can't stand. I leave the fuckin' place reeking of their shit.

That's the worst. Great thing about living in Ontario is that you can't smoke indoors anywhere.

I never use my phone at a show... no matter how hard you try, pictures/video will always look like utter crap. Most cell phone cameras just can't handle stage lights.

However, I do usually bring along one of my little point-and-shoots to take a few shots here and there just for my own personal memories and most of the time I end up with a few halfway decent ones. It's not like I'm watching the entire show through the lens, though. If you're going to do that, you might as well not be at the gig at all.