Rancid Essentials - 7" Box Set from Pirates Press

jipc

Yes, incredibly slow at times.  I ordered an album two months ago and still haven't received it.  And they've stopped responding to my emails, so I'm getting a little ticked now.  Some folks seem to get stuff quickly, others end up waiting and waiting.  I don't know what their issues are, but it seems to be a pretty poorly run operation.

You need to keep bugging them until they send it out. I waited for the Street Dogs 7"s (preordered w/ a release date the first week of november) until the beginning of January. I just kept hearing we'll get them out to you so every week I bugged them until I got shipping notification.

You need to keep bugging them until they send it out. I waited for the Street Dogs 7"s (preordered w/ a release date the first week of november) until the beginning of January. I just kept hearing we'll get them out to you so every week I bugged them until I got shipping notification.

Same for me. I'm getting really pissed. I ordered something back at the beginning of November and they still haven't sent it. I've sent about 4-5 emails and they keep going it's been sent. Last week I sent another one. No record of it being sent. Now they said they sent it this week. I still have no shipping confirmation. Getting pissed. The dude I talked to said they were busy with this Rancid stuff. I told them I don't give a shit about this and they should take care of ALL of their customers, not just this Rancid ridiculousness.

Same for me. I'm getting really pissed. I ordered something back at the beginning of November and they still haven't sent it. I've sent about 4-5 emails and they keep going it's been sent. Last week I sent another one. No record of it being sent. Now they said they sent it this week. I still have no shipping confirmation. Getting pissed. The dude I talked to said they were busy with this Rancid stuff. I told them I don't give a shit about this and they should take care of ALL of their customers, not just this Rancid ridiculousness.

Yeah, there is no excuse for it.  This is supposedly a business, right?  When they receive an order, they need to process it and ship it out.  It's not terribly complicated.  And it's really frustrating when they acknowledge the problem and promise to take care of it, and yet they still don't ship it out.

Yeah, I'm going to keep bugging them.  I've emailed Jon 3-4 times over the last month or so, and I just went in on their site and sent them a message through their "contact" link.  We'll see if they respond this time.

Yeah, I'm going to keep bugging them.  I've emailed Jon 3-4 times over the last month or so, and I just went in on their site and sent them a message through their "contact" link.  We'll see if they respond this time.

Pretty sure the contact link goes to Jon. Jon was supposed to send me something on the 7th. I haven't gotten it yet so I'm going to assume it hasn't gone out. I'm emailing him this weekend to check the status. Don't keep waiting because chances are that it hasn't gone out. They shouldn't be getting the benefit of the doubt anymore. There is no excuse for "sorry, we'll get that right out to you" not going out immediately.

Pretty sure the contact link goes to Jon. Jon was supposed to send me something on the 7th. I haven't gotten it yet so I'm going to assume it hasn't gone out. I'm emailing him this weekend to check the status. Don't keep waiting because chances are that it hasn't gone out. They shouldn't be getting the benefit of the doubt anymore. There is no excuse for "sorry, we'll get that right out to you" not going out immediately.

Yeah, I will definitely be staying on top of them on this.  It's incredibly frustrating when I talk with them and they tell me they'll take care of it and then don't.  Makes me wonder if they truly just don't give a shit.  Because, if they actually cared, they would correct their issues as soon as they are aware of them.  It sucks, 'cause there are a couple of things I'd like to order from them, but I have no confidence in them actually giving me what I pay for in a timely manner.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting on my Rancid order from 6 weeks ago.  It's driving me crazy, they say it was sent out by TNT with no tracking number but if it doesn't arrive soon they will send out a replacement.  I think the first copy was imaginary and the replacement will be the first physical copy sent to me.

Got a response fairly quick after my first email (3 days) Jon said it would ship that day. It didn't, I waited another week and emailed again. Waited 5 days for a response and got one today that their tracking system has been having "hiccups" and it still hasn't shipped but it's on his list of things to do today. Will be a month next week since I placed the order. I won't be ordering from PP anymore, this is bullshit. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've emailed them twice now with 0 response, Jon at PP has said twice before that they would be shipping and they're on his list of things to do. It's been just about 40 days, since I ordered. Filing a PayPal complaint tomorrow. I really don't wanna do this but after 45 days it's basically a lost cause. This is bullshit! I'll never order from this dick hole again!

I've emailed them twice now with 0 response, Jon at PP has said twice before that they would be shipping and they're on his list of things to do. It's been just about 40 days, since I ordered. Filing a PayPal complaint tomorrow. I really don't wanna do this but after 45 days it's basically a lost cause. This is bullshit! I'll never order from this dick hole again!

I got an e-mail from him a couple of days ago asking if I received my order. It was totally out of the blue. It also said sorry if we're already in communication so it seems like they are e-mailing anybody and everybody looking for potential problems. So they might be trying to right their wrongs.

However, I'd still open the claim if I was you to keep them on their toes. I've had nothing but problems with them any time I've placed an order over the years.

• 1 month later...

Got a response fairly quick after my first email (3 days) Jon said it would ship that day. It didn't, I waited another week and emailed again. Waited 5 days for a response and got one today that their tracking system has been having "hiccups" and it still hasn't shipped but it's on his list of things to do today. Will be a month next week since I placed the order. I won't be ordering from PP anymore, this is bullshit. 

when you file a Paypal complaint do they refund you? or are you screwed?, I hope mine comes in and I don't get nailed or have to file a complaint

Guest johneedeformed

No, I disagree. No band should do this. Ever. Not only is it a huge waste of vinyl, they'll probably have to sell a whole lot just to break even. AND I really don't want to flip/chage a record 92 times to listen to the whole thing. It's just a pain in the ass. Terrible terrible idea all the way around... An LP boxset is always a much beter idea. I don't see why they couldn't just have gone with that.

Tim's a media junkie.

I still do not have mine, he said it was shipped 10 days ago, He said he would send a tracking number but  nothing so far. Anyone have theirs yet? anyone still waiting?

I eventually got mine, I wrote on their facebook wall and the owner of PP got back to me fairly quickly. His name is Eric (I think) I just checked my emails and unfortunately I don't have his emails anymore, make some noise on their FB page and see what happens. Your situation is literally the same as mine. PM me if you want.