Lucero / Trampled By Turtles Daytrotter 12"

Bumping this since today's the last day to sign-up/order.

My roommate gifted me a membership and bought me the record since I was complaining about being too broke to justify getting it myself. Pretty excited since I've been wanting to sign up for a while, and love the Lucero session that's going on the record.

Really regret missing out on the Lumineers/Civil Wars split though.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this was suppose to be strictly a 14 day preorder, but it appears - a few weeks later - you can still readily order this album. I most definitely would have waited on grabbing this if I had known it would be available for a while. Seems like a bit of false advertising to me.

From description:

"but act fast: the 180-gram, split 12" vinyl is ONLY AVAILABLE FOR 14 DAYS!! . . . But reserve your copy by October 24th, because we will only press as many as are pre-ordered; these will be extremely limited edition, collectible items. Thanks for the support, and enjoy! -Mr. Daytrotter"

I thought this was suppose to be strictly a 14 day preorder, but it appears - a few weeks later - you can still readily order this album. I most definitely would have waited on grabbing this if I had known it would be available for a while. Seems like a bit of false advertising to me.

Maybe there wasn't enough people who bought this, so the record would have a ridiculously low pressing number.

I hope they started pressing the vinyl and this will be shipping this soon.

Don't count on it, they haven't even shipped out the previous one. Out of the five they have sold/selling they have shipped two I think.

Correct. It took close to 5 months to get my Civil Wars/Lumineers and Delta Spirit/Doc Watson records. Still waiting on this one and the Dawes/Justin Townes Earle records to arrive. :rolleyes:

Didn't bother ordering the White Denim/Maps and Atlases one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did you ever hear back from Daytrotter in your email? I emailed them a few days ago and havent heard back from them. I am still waiting on my Dawes/JTE one and pretty annoyed that it was "only available for 14 days" and I could have gotten it cheaper from the actual artist and supported them and gotten it sooner than supporting Daytrotter.

Did you ever hear back from Daytrotter in your email? I emailed them a few days ago and havent heard back from them. I am still waiting on my Dawes/JTE one and pretty annoyed that it was "only available for 14 days" and I could have gotten it cheaper from the actual artist and supported them and gotten it sooner than supporting Daytrotter.

I never heard a single word back from them. Lame.

I got an email from them sometime in mid November after I called him out on pretty much false advertising.  I got some runaround bs answer, and another promise that they were only going to be up for another couple days.  This was in early/mid November mind you.  Kind of curious if he'd honor a request for a refund.  After all of this, I definitely don't feel good about handing over $35 for this knowing it'll be readily available elsewhere for less.  I'm going to keep looking for the email and post it if I find it.  Can't believe I would have deleted it.

• 1 month later...

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter.  For me, personally, though, it's the principle of the matter.  Every time I've contacted them to try and get some sort of explanation, I've gotten a sheisty answer.  It just irks me. 

I would have bought it. . .eventually, because I love TBT, but I definitely would not have paid $35 when I did had I known then what I know now. 

perhaps the pre-orders didnt amount to the minimum needed for the order and they are now selling the remaining qtys. i honestly dont get why its such a big deal, if you were gonna order it you were gonna order it at some point. Not like its half the price now.

Well the JTE/Dawes split would have been around $10 cheaper after shipping if you bought it off the Bloodshot records site.  Also, considering you have to have a membership to get it for $25ish, the $30 is cheaper then buying it without a membership.  I like Daytrotter but it is kind of shitty how they are doing these.   I wouldn't mind if bands had these on tour or whatever but the fact you can find them on other labels sites and in stores cheaper kind of sucks since they pretty much hustled everyone telling them they had two weeks to buy one and then they'd never be available again.