Counting Crows - August and Everything after - 200gram

I had pre-ordered this a while back. It is totally worth it. I mean I would not drop 50 dollars on just any record but this album is by and large one of my favorites, is super expensive elsewise, and a good treat for myself.

I agree, although I did have to dig up my cassette of it and give it a listen to see if it still had the weight it did back when. Sure enough if did.

I agree, although I did have to dig up my cassette of it and give it a listen to see if it still had the weight it did back when. Sure enough if did.

I honestly fell in love with counting crows as a kid after the movie Shrek (no shame) but while checking back catalogue remember listening to this album so much. Its expensive and in most times of my life I would've said no but I had worked all summer and loved this album so much I justified it. Still regularly listen to all the counting crows albums but did not feel like missing the chance to own this and at least for that price they are going all out to give it the deluxe treatment. Personally glad it does not have bonus tracks as the album is perfect front to back and I don't want a different closer.

I got this in the mail yesterday and it looks and sounds great. I'm not saying everyone should buy it (I understand it not being worth $50 to everyone), but it's definitely a great package. Really thick jacket (like the recent Smashing Pumpkins reissues), really heavy vinyl, and it sounds great. Also, the package that it came in was the most securely packed record I've ever got in the mail. I'm not sure if they always pack their records this way, but I received it in absolutely mint condition.

...and on that note, I hope they do reissues of Recovering The Satellites and This Desert Life.

Oh that would be great. Both of those albums are fantastic. It is hard to pick between which of those 2 are my 2nd favorite Counting Crows record. Angels of Silence is such a jam but so is All My Friends. I think if I had to pick This Desert Life means probably the most between those 2 but the whole Counting Crows discography is pretty much timeless. I am just glad they did August and Everything After first. wanna hear how one of my favorite albums of all time sounds before I get more...at this price I am sure.

Not the album version, but for anyone looking for the live album that came out a bit ago at a steal of a price, there's good deal on Amazon right now. Amazon warehouse deals, used "like new" for $13.45 and prime eligable.

Looks like they had two, I grabbed one, but may have more...?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007KXTF4M/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

• 2 weeks later...

Got this today. Easily one of the nicer records I've picked up recently, from the very sturdy jacket to the dust and static proof record sleeves. I have to say the most impressive part about this though is how it arrived. This was my first time ordering from Sound Stage Direct and they blew me away, the box they sent the record in is basically a bunker. Very impressive. And they also gave me an extra plastic sleeve for the jacket because I had instructed them to open the record and ship the LP's on top of the jacket to prevent seam splitting. Will likely order from there again.

• 4 weeks later...