Lillingtons 6xLP Boxset

The way people on this board view themselves as dark knight flipper fighters has always been truly astounding to me. So weird. Like stopping one auction will stop flippers forever. Your efforts are all futile, pointless, and fucking stupid.

And where is Who Cares??

No more futile or pointless than your comments preventing people from voicing their frustration with flippers the next time they see a record they wanted immediately put on ebay. 

Starting to suspect it was you....

But seriously, we know that every record gets sold eventually. It's someone putting it up basically before they had time for the 6 records to go around the turntable that irks people. They at least have a right to vent frustration on a message board (not defending messing with an ebay auction).

And I don't think anyone admitted to buying this who said they hadn't heard of the band. A few people jumped in and said "who is this band and why is this thread always on the front page" but I'm assuming those people didn't buy (at least, they didn't admit to it).

Being 100% perfectly honest, I had heard of the lillingtons before this thread, but had I heard them? no. I honestly had no idea their connection with TBR and after listening to a couple of albums, I was fucking hooked. So hooked that I had to get the boxset and so hooked that I wound up with a tie dye set. I won't be flipping it, but I'm super fucking pumped to have it on my shelf and now I'm considering tracking down OG presses, we'll see if the prices drop a little, I doubt it, but who knows. Is some super fan gonna be bummed when they read that I wasn't as super fan as them, sure, but we all had a chance and I've been burned on some PO's in the past, so I don't think it's worth losing sleep over...

Being 100% perfectly honest, I had heard of the lillingtons before this thread, but had I heard them? no. I honestly had no idea their connection with TBR and after listening to a couple of albums, I was fucking hooked. So hooked that I had to get the boxset and so hooked that I wound up with a tie dye set. I won't be flipping it, but I'm super fucking pumped to have it on my shelf and now I'm considering tracking down OG presses, we'll see if the prices drop a little, I doubt it, but who knows. Is some super fan gonna be bummed when they read that I wasn't as super fan as them, sure, but we all had a chance and I've been burned on some PO's in the past, so I don't think it's worth losing sleep over...

this, more or less, though I would have owned all of their albums if they were in print (when I first got into vinyl, I bought ~30 records of bands I hadn't heard (e.g., lawrence arms, dillinger four, the broadways, etc.), and the lillingtons would have been included).  and I bought the sack record before I actually knew who they were, but it seemed worth the risk at the time

Nobody should be bummed that someone like yourself managed to get their hands on a Tie Dye variant. You like them, right? You have no intentions of flipping it as soon as you get it, therefore there is no problem. It's just super douchey that someone would flip it as soon as they got it, but I'm not going to let it bother me. It really doesn't affect me. 

The current high bidder has 17 bid retractions over the last 6 months so probably someone screwing around. But the person who would have been high bidder otherwise has 0 retractions and seems to have legitimately put $300 as a max bid.

I don't think anyone who really follows Lillingtons vinyl would be shocked if this pushed $500 at this point.

i think an equal travesty is the fact that the most awesome looking set was so limited as to encourage this behavior.  i dont know what went into the tie dye variant, but there were 4 extremely limited pressing configurations, seemingly designed to get people to fight to be first in line.  a better way (IMO) would be to have randomly inserted TD into the regular pressing orders.  i have no complaints with how it was handled, just suggesting that these types of things encourage the secondary market

oh and allowing people to buy 2 sets at once absolutely guaranteed this would probably happen.  i dont think its a problem at all, but the very nature of the vinyl industry today seems to be based on limited variants that are instantly collectable (read = $$$) as they can command a higher sale price and foster interest in the next release, etc.  complaining about flipping is pointless now.

I think it's pretty cool that this box set got people interested in a band that they hadn't heard before.

im definitely in that group.  i knew about them but hadnt heard their stuff (just TBR).  started listening around page 2 and was hooked somewhere in the 30s.  cant wait for this to show up, probably not what some would consider a "real fan" yet but maybe someday

i dont know what went into the tie dye variant, but there were 4 extremely limited pressing configurations, seemingly designed to get people to fight to be first in line.  

I don't disagree with your statement's overall theme that the pressing numbers on the variants could have been higher but still special, but the way you said this is kind of offensive. Going to call it poor wording. They were clearly designed to be special to fans and collectors and not to create any fighting, which is an unintentional by-product.

I don't disagree with your statement's overall theme that the pressing numbers on the variants could have been higher but still special, but the way you said this is kind of offensive. Going to call it poor wording. They were clearly designed to be special to fans and collectors and not to create any fighting, which is an unintentional by-product.

Certainly no offense intended i couldnt be happier with how these turned out, its more a commentary on variants on the whole i suppose.