Lillingtons 6xLP Boxset

Not sure who is the bigger dick, the flipper or the people bidding up the auction. Seriously, let people do what they want with their stuff...geez. If you really care about "the fans having a fair chance at one", sell your copy to someone who missed out...yeah, that's what I thought. :rolleyes:

Edit: That last line was directed at people bidding on the auction, not Todd...just wanted to clarify.

Truth. It's really shitty to put in fake bids on things. The flipper isn't a dick at all - he's brilliant. He lucked out and got the first one up there. He's going to make the most money. Anyway, people with tie-dye sets should be cheering this auction on, because it inflates the value of yours just by existing. You win too!

I also hate the "real fans" argument. No one is entitled to own something more than anyone else.

Normally I'm cool with the whole, let people do whatever-the-fuck they want with a record they just bought.  In this instance though the Label went out of his way to try and make sure that the Variants got into the most dedicated of fans.  Due to the fact that 16RPM seems to have tried to minimize this as much as possible, then fucking with at least the first person to do it is fair game.

Truth.

It's really shitty to put in fake bids on things. The flipper isn't a

dick at all - he's brilliant. He lucked out and got the first one up

there. He's going to make the most money. Anyway, people with tie-dye

sets should be cheering this auction on, because it inflates the value

of yours just by existing. You win too!

I also hate the "real fans" argument. No one is entitled to own something more than anyone else.

Exactamundo! Hickey knows whats up! B)

Normally I'm cool with the whole, let people do whatever-the-fuck they want with a record they just bought.  In this instance though the Label went out of his way to try and make sure that the Variants got into the most dedicated of fans.  Due to the fact that 16RPM seems to have tried to minimize this as much as possible, then fucking with at least the first person to do it is fair game.

That's fine, but people who mess with this person's auction are still dicks no matter how you spin it.

Really? There were a number of people who joined this thread and bought this box who said they'd never even heard (or even heard of) Lillingtons before. Are they the most dedicated fans?

While I think the process Todd set up was fine - it basically gave everyone with access to this message board (ie. anyone with a web connection) the ability to buy this. All you had to do was have $90 and be online at noon central on a Sunday. There was no preferential treatment.

Also, fucking with someone because they're selling a record is super silly. It's not fair game at all. If Todd wants to send the guy a message, fine; but bidding up the auction out of spite is some crybaby bullshit.

Really? There were a number of people who joined this thread and bought this box who said they'd never even heard (or even heard of) Lillingtons before. Are they the most dedicated fans?

While I think the process Todd set up was fine - it basically gave everyone with access to this message board (ie. anyone with a web connection) the ability to buy this. All you had to do was have $90 and be online at noon central on a Sunday. There was no preferential treatment.

Also, fucking with someone because they're selling a record is super silly. It's not fair game at all. If Todd wants to send the guy a message, fine; but bidding up the auction out of spite is some crybaby bullshit.

Starting to suspect it was you....

But seriously, we know that every record gets sold eventually. It's someone putting it up basically before they had time for the 6 records to go around the turntable that irks people. They at least have a right to vent frustration on a message board (not defending messing with an ebay auction).

And I don't think anyone admitted to buying this who said they hadn't heard of the band. A few people jumped in and said "who is this band and why is this thread always on the front page" but I'm assuming those people didn't buy (at least, they didn't admit to it).

Starting to suspect it was you....

But seriously, we know that every record gets sold eventually. It's someone putting it up basically before they had time for the 6 records to go around the turntable that irks people. They at least have a right to vent frustration on a message board (not defending messing with an ebay auction).

And I don't think anyone admitted to buying this who said they hadn't heard of the band. A few people jumped in and said "who is this band and why is this thread always on the front page" but I'm assuming those people didn't buy (at least, they didn't admit to it).

I wish it was me. I wasn't quick enough to get a tie-dye box.

There's no problem with being annoyed and frustrated, but sabotaging an auction because of it is lame.

You may be right, but I recall people saying "oh wow, never heard this band, now I'm a fan .. can't wait to get this."

You don't think it's lame that someone is flipping something that sold out within a matter of seconds? Not to mention a bunch of true fans didn't even get the variant that they wanted? I personally don't know the seller, nor do I care to know him, but I do hope that he does end up getting burned on this auction. Super shitty of him. 

I support (from the sidelines) people sabotaging that auction until these are up on interpunk (at least then there would be some competition).  if that's not happening any time soon (i.e., within the week), I'd give todd a few bucks to cover ebay fees to list a boxset on ebay that says "hey, I'm the dude who put this out.  there will be more on interpunk (albeit not the tie dye variant), so don't go too crazy".  I didn't paypal as a "gift", so this could be a good way to make up for that :)

anyhoo, is it right to sabotage it?  probably not, but it's kinda a dick move, so there was bound to be some backlash.  if they make $200 profit, I'm sure they won't care too much

The way people on this board view themselves as dark knight flipper fighters has always been truly astounding to me. So weird. Like stopping one auction will stop flippers forever. Your efforts are all futile, pointless, and fucking stupid.

And where is Who Cares??