Gagnam style

I think this is the appropriate place for this: I was at an MSU football game tailgate a few weeks ago. We were right next to a tent full of south korean exchange students. They had been given 70 cases of korean beer to give away to students. I think it goes without saying that by noon we were all shotgunning korean beer, dancing to gagnam style (which I had never heard before) and being fed beef by koreans with chopsticks.

it was one of the best days of my life. hipster can vouch, I drunk dialed him.

any time a white bred american becomes obsessed with something of asian/korean/vietnamese etc (yeah, those fucking people racismrasicm yellow fuckers) it really confuses me. i even laugh at myself for how racist this feeling is, because i don't hate the people or their culture, but i hate white people enjoying it.

i despise white nerdy anime fags, or white people listening to der en grey or anything of the sort, and i don't know why.

i guess i just feel like it wasn't made for us, and we don't speak the language, so we don't need to hear the music, or watch the silly cartoons.

i feel the same about white people listening to rammstein, or any foreign language music for that matter. (but i really like mars volta, so go figure.)

whitepeoplewhitepeoplewhitepeople im not racist i swear, no matter how much of a every-white-person-says-that lie that sounds like.

also, i love foreign film, so long as it's dramatic and artsy, so this is a totally hypocritical emotion.

edit: no offense Yu, you're still cool.

any time a white bred american becomes obsessed with something of asian/korean/vietnamese etc (yeah, those fucking people racismrasicm yellow fuckers) it really confuses me. i even laugh at myself for how racist this feeling is, because i don't hate the people or their culture, but i hate white people enjoying it.

i despise white nerdy anime fags, or white people listening to der en grey or anything of the sort, and i don't know why.

i guess i just feel like it wasn't made for us, and we don't speak the language, so we don't need to hear the music, or watch the silly cartoons.

i feel the same about white people listening to rammstein, or any foreign language music for that matter. (but i really like mars volta, so go figure.)

whitepeoplewhitepeoplewhitepeople im not racist i swear, no matter how much of a every-white-person-says-that lie that sounds like.

also, i love foreign film, so long as it's dramatic and artsy, so this is a totally hypocritical emotion.

edit: no offense Yu, you're still cool.

The Mars Volta would like to think they're a foreign group, but those guys grew up in the suburbs just like everyone else. They're American as apple pie. But I agree with everything you said, especially anglophiles.

The Mars Volta would like to think they're a foreign group, but those guys grew up in the suburbs just like everyone else. They're American as apple pie. But I agree with everything you said, especially anglophiles.

i was referring to foreign language music when i referenced TMV, because of the amount of spanish cedric likes to throw in the mix. i know they're an american band.

also, i should probably correct the rammstein comment from 'white people' to something more PC, considering many germans, and the band themself are white.

I hate Dir En Grey. But I do enjoy Anime If the story is good. FLCL might be one of my all time favorite things. I get what your saying at it's core but don't dismiss a whole genre of film simply because the kids that keep spencer's in business are weird. Although I think Anime people hate me because I tend to watch Dubs of stuff and there is a whole lot of anime I can't stand. (Only a few series I actually like)

All im saying is not everything is like what you describe. Anyone however that is too deeply ingrained into one genre of something to the point where it defines who they as people can be a little off putting though, I get that part.

i'm not saying everyone should hate it. i'm well aware of my own ignorance.

i do the same with specific genres of music, and as a music fan and musician i hate myself for it, because it really holds me back, but somewhere inside myself i simply can't help but hate certain things for no good reason.