BAD RELIGION True North Pre-Order

has anyone ever read Graffin's books?  if so which one should i go with?

Yes, and I suggest starting with Anarchy Evolution. The tone is much more conversational. You get the best of both worlds: information about the genesis of Bad Religion and the making of some of their most important albums, but you also get his science side as he relates what was going on in his scientific career during albums and explains the theories and ideas of his dissertation in a very plainspoken manner. It's a great book and all easy to grasp, plus it's a very unique style to do a biography. 

I also think that it makes his dissertation much more enjoyable because you know where his ideas and headspace were at the time he wrote it, plus like I said, he describes the ideas in much more "layman" fashion.

But you should definitely check out his other stuff after that book.

BR always puts out solid album. While I enjoy the suffer through hate material the best, they still sound good.

I think I am just biased to those albums because I listened to them so much growing up.

I am glad though that I am sticking to my purchase resolution for this year and dont see the need to own this. It on my ipod for cycling will do fine

I'll be waiting a while. I forgot the release date until someone said they were getting a shipping confirmation, and I forgot to contact them in time to change the address, so it's going to be goign to Chicago first, then it'll get forwarded to me from there.

Fuckin' hell. At least I have the download to listen to, 'cause even if I did have the record in hand, I wouldn't be able to listen to it, 'cause my turntable is in storage until I get a damned job and into our own place.

On the plus side, though, I'm loving this thing so far.

got my download email today from Kings Road.  Really enjoying this album.  After the first listen on the youtube stream I kinda thought it was a generic Bad Religion album, but 2-3 listens in and I'm now thinking it's one of their best in a long time.

Can't wait to get the vinyl.

That's exactly what I thought too. On first listen I thought "eh, pretty standard Bad Religion. Not great, not bad." but after a few listens I'm absolutely loving it. Favourite track is Robin Hood in Reverse.

That's exactly what I thought too. On first listen I thought "eh, pretty standard Bad Religion. Not great, not bad." but after a few listens I'm absolutely loving it. Favourite track is Robin Hood in Reverse.

Me, too. I listened to the whole album without really picking up on any standout tracks. It was good enough background noise, but nothing special. On the second listen, though, I started hearing some great moments and great songs. It got better and better with each listen, and now I really enjoy the album.

Side note: I pre-ordered the album on clear vinyl the day it was announced, only to receive black vinyl in the mail. Bummer. Hoping Kings Road will fix this.