PO - Death Cab for Cutie - The Barsuk Years LMTD Ed Collection

I emailed AiR about Transatlanticism being 33 rpm instead of 45 rpm.  No response yet, but if I get something I'll fill everyone in.

My Stability EP is maybe only slightly warped... looks pretty good to me.  (I assume that everyone is referring to the record labelled The Photo Album when they say that the Stability EP is warped?)

I can only hope that they don't half-ass the replacements.  If they are of the same quality as what I have now I'll be quite satisfied.

Still pretty happy with the set overall, and relieved to finally have something in hand, even with the mislabels.

Well, I've finally listened through the whole box set and I gotta say, I'm very glad I bought it. I haven't been much of a Death Cab fan for years, but it was like rediscovering these records. I had OP's of Planes, Facts, Photos, and Trans, and sold them to get this set. I can say, without a doubt, that these pressings sound much better than the originals. I'd really be kicking myself if I didn't pick this up. Glad we're getting the correct labels and I hope stability isn't warped. Then it'll be perfect. The records are nice and thick, the jackets have super nice, thick sleeves, and the artwork is just like the originals.

Just wish the box fit on my expedit.

Do the particleboard shelves of the Expedit sag after awhile? Each shelf is only rated for 29lbs.

Haven't had any problems with mine. My set up has had as many lps as would fit into a cube for several years. Doesn't even begin to show any signs of sagging. Others may have had different experiences, but I plan on buying a bigger expedit in the near future. Very pleased with mine.

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on January 13, 2013 (Order# 109-0078933-5233813). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Death Cab for Cutie "The Barsuk Years (180 Gram Vinyl Limited Edition)"

Estimated arrival date: June 03, 2013 - June 21, 2013

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on January 13, 2013 (Order# 109-0078933-5233813). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Sweet, this may actually serve as an incentive to order off of amazon.

Hello,

Wait, who exactly did you get this email from? Amazon? Or directly from AinR

Got this from AiR:

"We will notify customers as soon as we know when the replacements will be ready to ship."

Glad they totally ignored my question/point about Transatlanticism being 33 rpm instead of 45...

Maybe this means they are sending replacements for Transatlanticism too........

Or more likely this is a stock response they are sending because they are getting so many emails

The A+R pre-order was not much cheaper for those of us in California since we also had to pay tax.

Everyone paid tax to AIR. I thought that was a little suspect. I paid a flat $10 in tax to AIR and I'm in Utah. I've thought of emailing them and asking why I paid them sales tax, an even $10 no less. I do realize that being in California you probably paid substantially more than $10 however.