Ryan Adams - Love Is Hell (MoFi)

nyhi

Great to hear that MoFi did this one right. Easily my favorite Ryan record along with Heartbreaker (which is not-bad-but-should-be-better on vinyl). 

And now, thanks to Anybody Wanna Take Me Home, there is LITERALLY no need to own R'n'R. 

Think I've had this one on order for almost a year now. Excited to finally get it. MusicDirect even had to call my phone to update CC info. (Damn you Target...)

i ordered this 11/21/12.  it shipped yesterday.  i was surprised (and a little disappointed) to find out that i hadnt been charged yet but at least i still got credited with my thanksgiving 2012 coupon for 10% off

Pretty funny hearing that you got credited with your Thanksgiving 2012 coupon when it's 2014

I thought $60 was gonna be steep for this thing but the whole package looks fucking awesome!

I've got a pretty good idea that many many RA fans in the same camp as you will be rushing to order this as soon as the pics of the box set spread out across the internet.

See, for me I'd been thinking about buying an original press for a few years but always held off...so when it was announced as MoFi with all of the bonus tracks for about $90 less than what the originals were going for, I was super excited.

$60 is still high, but for better quality press with all the bonus tracks I jumped all over it

See, for me I'd been thinking about buying an original press for a few years but always held off...so when it was announced as MoFi with all of the bonus tracks for about $90 less than what the originals were going for, I was super excited.

$60 is still high, but for better quality press with all the bonus tracks I jumped all over it

It's not high for a 3xLP MoFi box set though.  Sure it's high for the teenie-bop shit pressings that people are used to paying for around here.  This is a quality release.  MoFi is in a league of it's own and people have always paid extra to get their pressings.  Probably because they put a lot of work into "getting it right".  

It's not high for a 3xLP MoFi box set though.  Sure it's high for the teenie-bop shit pressings that people are used to paying for around here.  This is a quality release.  MoFi is in a league of it's own and people have always paid extra to get their pressings.  Probably because they put a lot of work into "getting it right".  

Right! Thats what I meant...$60 is high for most pressings. Its a steal for mofi.

Question: This is my first MoFi "Silver Label" (the rest of mine are the Ultra Analog)...how do the two compare?

Right! Thats what I meant...$60 is high for most pressings. Its a steal for mofi.

Question: This is my first MoFi "Silver Label" (the rest of mine are the Ultra Analog)...how do the two compare?

"All Silver series are released on standard weight vinyl which helps us offer them at a lower price point."

Good for nothing musicdirect... I have been waiting patiently for a year. Finally they send a shipping notice and it's due to be here today. Much to my excitement, Fed Ex shows up at 9am. But, the driver has a box that is much too small to fit an LP. Sure enough, it has my name on it and it's from musicdirect. I open it up and much to my horror, two MoFi Hall & Oates CDs with a packing slip that says Ryan Adams 3LP box set. You've got to be f'n kidding me. How do you screw something up that badly. Now, I'm stuck waiting until Monday for it to ship out and I'm sure this will have some sort of negative impact on the number that I end up getting. What a horrible, horrible tease. Anyone ever get something out of musicdirect for a screwup? Free overnight shipping would be a good start but, I'm not holding my breath. Still waiting...

Yeah. They want their H&O back too. The number doesn't matter all that much to me because I have no plans to sell it. If they were somehow issued in the order that you placed them, I would think we would have a chance at a really low one. It would add more to the story, like being 1st in line for record store day.

Yeah. They want their H&O back too. The number doesn't matter all that much to me because I have no plans to sell it. If they were somehow issued in the order that you placed them, I would think we would have a chance at a really low one. It would add more to the story, like being 1st in line for record store day.

I was the first person to receive their copy so my worthless story trumps all, haha.

Sucks on having to send back those H&O CDs.  I'd fight that.

I've got preorders for Mofi vinyl from Music Direct, they do not send them out in numbered order. I've got numbers in the 2000s when I was part of a preorder. And I've actually got other vinyl from Mofi in the 100s from Soundstage Direct.

For regular Mofi releases I totally agree. But this is a silver series release (where they can not use the masters), I'm highly skeptical it is mastered from analog masters given that Lost Highway is unwilling to release them to anyone.

I've got preorders for Mofi vinyl from Music Direct, they do not send them out in numbered order. I've got numbers in the 2000s when I was part of a preorder. And I've actually got other vinyl from Mofi in the 100s from Soundstage Direct.

Yeah if they can confuse Hall and Oates CDs for a Ryan Adams lp, chances of them shipping numbered records based on when it was ordered is slim.

For regular Mofi releases I totally agree. But this is a silver series release (where they can not use the masters), I'm highly skeptical it is mastered from analog masters given that Lost Highway is unwilling to release them to anyone.

Regardless of any of this, the boxset is worth the $60 as it provides an entire records worth of bonus tracks, comes in a nice overall package and is a clear sound upgrade from the original release which runs for twice that amount on the aftermarket.  If they're not sourced from the masters, how in the hell did they obtain a copy of Shadowlands that has a different guitar solo from all the other LiH releases?  I don't think Lost Highway even exists anymore.  It also says that it was mastered from "the original source tapes" inside the booklet of the release.  Should we really question that they're telling the truth?

Again, this isn't some shit pressing of a shit recording originally sourced from the CD of some no-name teenie bop band.  We all know you're gonna pay more for quality and this is a quality product that is worth the money they're asking for, if you're a RA vinyl collector.