Shai Hulud - Reach Beyond the Sun (Feb 19th)

Apparently it comes out on February 19th and pre-orders will be up on December 10th

Here's what the band said on their Facebook about it:

Greetings Programs!

Most of you that hang out here know we released some details about our new album coming out in February (Mayan prophecy willing). For those of you that don't know, just scroll up! Take a look at the banner above, and cl

ick the link below to see the teaser trailer for the album.

We'd love for you to add the banner to your page, and relentlessly share the teaser to help us get the word out. It's not every year we release a new album. Or every two. Or every three. Or every four...

Please help us spread the word. We are truly in your debt.

All our misanthropic love and respect.

It's interesting that on their Facebook they've constantly been making references as to this album being super heavy and the part (most likely Metal Blade) used for the teaser is super melodic. But I have never been disappointed by a Shai Hulud record and I'm pretty sure I won't be by this one either.

I hope this comes with some big bundle cause I'm a SH groupie like that... And I'm also glad this is not coming out until February cause I'm going to be broke by Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Goddamn, I'm so glad they took the extra time to write this album. It is going to be phenomenal. Also, Chad Gilbert did most of the vocals, but Justin from With Life In Mind (who is currently playing shows with them) did backup vocals on every track as well.

EDIT: The sample from "Man Into Demon" has me so excited.

• 2 weeks later...

so looking forward to this!!!

does anyone know, if metal blade puts in download coupons? or sends download links for preorders?

the band didn't know and I already hate to wait an additional two weeks for the shipping to Germany... at least I don't want to go illegal on Shai Hulud for getting a digital version...