Best place to buy Pro-Ject Carbon?

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

FYI - some of you may have seen my other threat regarding a terrible static issue with my Carbon. Well it was not an isolated issue. Per Insound:

"Sumiko and Insound both currently have the stock of this turntable depleted due to some residual manufacturing issues. More turntables are expected to be with our warehouse in mid-March."

So if you are currently in the market for a Carbon - I'd hold off until then. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sent them an e-mail asking if they had any idea when mine would be shipped and I got this reply:

I am sorry for the lack of updates on this delivery. Our distributor is currently sending us waves of these turntables. A small shipment arrived of the Essential turntable this week, and we should have a complete order over everything soon as well. They anticipate more turntables to be delivered once a week for the next two to three weeks.

Got the speedbox s and Acryl-it platter upgrade and it seems the speedbox s upgrades the sound a little bit more than the platter, so if you're looking at either of these upgrades, id start with the speedbox

Thanks for the heads up. I'm planning on getting both, but I'll start with the speedbox.

I was finally able to chase down the UPS guy on my 3rd notice (I live on the 4th floor with no elevator and the bastard keeps leaving after 10 seconds) and set up the turntable. I am 4 songs deep into Texas Is the Reason's Do You Know Who You Are? and have absolutely not complaints. It destroys my old thrift store turntable in quality and I no longer have that pesky static issue!

I was finally able to chase down the UPS guy on my 3rd notice (I live on the 4th floor with no elevator and the bastard keeps leaving after 10 seconds) and set up the turntable. I am 4 songs deep into Texas Is the Reason's Do You Know Who You Are? and have absolutely not complaints. It destroys my old thrift store turntable in quality and I no longer have that pesky static issue!

Happy to see you're all set!!!  Finally, must feel good!