Ever leave your turntable spinning and forget?

dstrange

Hey All,

Just recently I finally upgraded to a Pro-ject Carbon turntable. I find though when I put records on when I'm just fumbling around the house or cleaning that I forget to turn off the table and I've left it spinning for hours since I've become so used to auto-return. Anyone ever do this and what have you done to prevent it?

Right now I have a small sticker on the plinth so that I can see when it is rotating.

Usually when I listen to records I enjoy the experience and that's all I do. Look at the album art, read the lyrics. I dont do other things, so no, I've never encountered this problem personally.

you must have a lot of free time or you must not listen to records often haha. I've never left it spinning though...I imagine that cannot be healthy for your setup.

No, my player has auto-return. However yesterday I was spinning an album and I went to stop it manually at the end of a song and switch over to the C/D side and I accidentally hit "start" which returns the needle to the bed and then starts the record over again. After I went to grab the C/D side the needle hit my spinning slip mat. It was horrible, it literally sounded like my player was dying.