Recently Viewing

Went and saw The Conjuring last night. Absolutely loved it. One of the best "haunted house" films in recent memory.

Tonight I watched The Dark Knight Returns part 1 & 2. Damn those were good.

i couldn't believe how violent part 2 was. holy hell that was brutal. i mean, that's how it is in the comic, but wow--didn't think they'd take it that far.

Went and saw The Conjuring last night. Absolutely loved it. One of the best "haunted house" films in recent memory.

Saw this last night and have to agree completely. It was the first "scary" movie I've seen in theaters in ages (at least 5-6 years) but I'm glad I gave in and saw this one. The woman in the seat in front of me literally jumped out of her seat and landed in her husbands lap at one point, which was fantastic. 

I allowed "Only God Forgives" to soak in for 24 hours and I'm still not completely sure how to rate it. Aesthetically, it's 4 stars.

I just watched it and I feel like I need a day to think about it too.  The use of color in that film was phenomenal though.

Last time I felt like this about a movie was The Master and I decided I really didn't like it.

The cinematography is amazing.

It has this way about it makes it feel like each shot was composed to mimic iconic photography. There were alot of shots towards the beginning where people were framed in doorways that give it an almost candid look. 

I've just finished it for the second time and i've come to the conclusion it's one of the best films i've seen in a long long time. 

I just watched it and I feel like I need a day to think about it too.  The use of color in that film was phenomenal though.

Last time I felt like this about a movie was The Master and I decided I really didn't like it.

I decided it was definitely a good watch.  The story is very simplistic and it almost forces you to focus on the visuals and the score, which are phenomenal.  If you like Refn's other films like Drive I'd suggest it.

Just got done watching The Brass Teapot, I personally enjoyed it. Better than that Richard Kelly turd some people call The Box. Juno Temple is gorgeous and an absolute joy to watch on screen. I've never had any beef with Michael Angarano and after this movie I would say I have a new fondness of him actually. And hello to Ramaa Mosley, I love when people's feature length directorial debut is successful.

Finally got around to seeing Silent Hill: Revalations tonight. I kept hearing it was bad but seeing as the first Silent Hill movie is probably my favorite "movie based on video game" movie, I felt I needed to see it.

It was meh at best. I almost can't really decide if I even liked it at all to be honest. It felt too crazy and over-the-top. Which I know sounds weird to say because it IS a Silent Hill movie after all. But there was just so much going on and the dialogue was kinda silly at parts too. Also, the guy who plays Jon Snow in Game Of Thrones should just stick to "Game Of Thrones" kind of work. And he also needs to work on hiding his accent.

I liked Drive a lot, so I think I was trying to force myself to like Only God Forgives.

It's not what I expected it to be.

I'm watching it again right now with full foresight as to what kind of movie it is, and I'm really enjoying it.

Why does everyone, including film critics, continuously bring up Drive when talking about OGF? I attempted to read a few reviews today but stopped as soon as the critic mentioned Drive. I guess any future Winding Refn/Gosling/Martinez films are doomed to be pigeonholed.