Recently Viewing

Has anyone started watching Heroes of Cosplay on SyFy?

I haven't been to a Con in well over ten years and it definitely not what they are now with all the cosplay and general insanity. But yeah. The show is pretty interesting. And amusing at how entitled these people feel when shit doesn't go their way.

Has anyone started watching Heroes of Cosplay on SyFy?

I haven't been to a Con in well over ten years and it definitely not what they are now with all the cosplay and general insanity. But yeah. The show is pretty interesting. And amusing at how entitled these people feel when shit doesn't go their way.

It's like a competition show isn't it? I remember seeing a commercial for it and thought it looked interesting. Mainly because I really like the show "Face Off."

It's like a competition show isn't it? I remember seeing a commercial for it and thought it looked interesting. Mainly because I really like the show "Face Off."

Face Off is great. We watch it at home.

HoC is basically about a group of people who Cosplay and travel to Cons all over the U.S. to compete. It focuses on what they go through to make their Cosplay outfits (they're not costumes!) and the competitions at Cons. It sheds some light into this nerd/geek sub-culture. It's pretty interesting to watch so far but as of last night it's evident that there is a lot of elitism and snobbery in the groups, especially from the "veterans" who have been doing it for years.

The World's End is fucking awesome.

Near the end there's a quote by Simon Pegg about civilization being founded by fuck-ups...if anybody sees it and remembers the quote, I'd be grateful if you could post it. I couldn't catch it all between my laughter and the girl next to me.

Anybody have some good tv show recommendations?  I'm looking into Broadchurch, and it sounds intriguing.  I've been all the way through the following and need something to watch...

For dramas, I'd recommend :

The Newsroom (and The West Wing)

Justified

Sons of Anarchy (at least the first couple seasons)

Boardwalk Empire

Treme (creator of The Wire's latest show.  It's different, but I think it's excellent as well)

Friday Night Lights

Battlestar Galactica (I second whoever recommended that)

Veronica Mars

As far as comedies go :

Childrens' Hospital

Community

Happy Endings (highly recommended)

Louie

New Girl

Parks and Recreation

Hope you find some stuff you like!