I was lucky enough to see them twice. Once with Mewithoutyou and once with Circle Takes the Square.

Was going to go see them with Dillinger Escape Plan but my girlfriend at the time wanted me to go to some family thing. I thought "Oh well, that venue always has a barrier anyways..." so of course the next day I see some on Facebook say "Oh my god, they didn't have the barrier up last night!"

Fuuuuuuuuuck. that would've ruled.

I remember from elementary school through freshman year, I was a huge indie kid. I thought all emo was MCR and FOB and hated it, and would rather listen to Killers, Radiohead, and Black Keys. I only started liking emo this year. Boring story over.

I remember getting shit in highschool for saying I preferred emo to punk because it was typically more diverse/less repetitive than punk.  To me emo was like Rites of Spring, Still Life, Cap n' Jazz, Indian Summer.  And some of the heavier hardcore emo stuff like Hot Water Music, and Saetia (which has been posthumously dubbed 'skramz'.  :wacko: )

Yeah, I'd like to snag both of those. I'm more partial to Waiting that War All the Time though. That's where they started to lose me.

Same here.  Full Collapse was the peak.  For me WATT was at the tail end and the point where they had jumped the shark.  Full Collapse was the only album I bought.  The only other one I had considered owning was The Waiting because I was more into the emo roots type stuff I guess, at least at the time.  I never even considered picking up WATT, I was like, man Thursday has gone downhill.  Full Collapse will always be their magnum opus.  I loved that album front-to-back.  Used to jam a few songs off of it.  I haven't listened to it in forever though.  I should revisit it.  I forsee major nostalgia waves.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic