when I was driving back from Michigan I got behind this asshole in the passing lane who was next to a semi. He was going like 60-70 and everyone in Michigan goes 80 pretty much, so I was like get out of my way guy, I’m tired and want to get home. He would speed up and slow down, speed up and slow down. I was behind him for several minutes while he did this never speeding up enough to pass the semi and let me by. After that I was honking and getting pissed, so then I think he started doing it on purpose. FINALLY, the semi speeds up and I get into the other lane and go to pass him and the asshole speeds up so I can’t pass him. he does this several times never letting me pass him. I get up next to his car, him and his girlfriend/wife are smugly looking at me so I’m in blind road rage at this point and yelling and swearing. I was in the midst of rolling my window down to extend my middle finger even further toward them and see this little set of eyes peeking out at me from the back seat. they had a child!!!! what parents are doing that shit when you have a kid in the back? jesus.

I do not get angry often while driving, but that guy got me good. dammit.

These are the people who shouldn't be breeding. Alas.

Chelsea market is always bustling when I go there, but the food is DEE-LISH. Totally worth the hassle.

I think working in NYC would be kind of awful for sure. I do love Brooklyn though. I could pick out some pretty awsome places to work there if I had any skills, ambitions, or desires to do any of those things. I once took a tour of the Vice offices when a buddy of mine meet up with this girl that works there. That'd be a neat place to work. Bonus: When you leave the office at 7pm Brooklyn Brewery is across the street!

yes! the food at chelsea market was great, but did get kind of boring after 2 1/2 years and laziness means never bothering to actually leave the building in pursuit of better options. trying to navigate all those selfie-taking tourists was a challenge though. they would just stand there and not move. and then take selfies in front of everything. i literally didn't even know what they were taking photos of half the time. 

some parts of the city aren't too bad. i interviewed at howaboutwe a while back and, while in brooklyn, it would've been a bit of a trek for me to get there. but i would've just biked there probably. the vice offices are awesome! i feel like williamsburg would be a whole other beast itself though. it would be nice to not have to commute into the city every day. and brooklyn brewery is only open on fridays and saturdays! plenty of other awesome bars around there though :)

Oh Lauren! I'm meeting with a friend when I visit NYC and we were wanting to see a concert if any were happening ... Which venues should I keep an eye on? I imagine there are a lot ? We have maybe 3 in the okc area ...

SO many. i'd recommend keeping an eye on listings on ohmyrockness. they tend to have pretty much everything in the area listed. and you can just go through and browse by date and see if anything strikes your interest. if you let me know when you're coming, i can let you know if i hear of anything exciting. 

and! as it happens, the other day i came up with a plan for an epic record store/bar crawl. i need people to come do this with me!

Yessir! I'd totally hangout with you and the Champ if we could organize that meetup!

Would do in a sec

Oh Lauren! I'm meeting with a friend when I visit NYC and we were wanting to see a concert if any were happening ... Which venues should I keep an eye on? I imagine there are a lot ? We have maybe 3 in the okc area ...

There's always great concerts down super dark alleys @ about 230am each night

Hammerstein is meh. Beacon Theatre is beautiful. Radio City is rad. Arena shows (Barclays & MSG) suck. Webster Hall was awesome. Capitol Theater in Port Chester is great.

Also, I'm not Lauren (just so we're clear).

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic