I used to think the bow and arrow metaphor was pretty cliche, but it turns out, it's actually very accurate to the process of most things in life. 

Before things move forward, they have to move backward. Does that make anything you're experiencing suck any less? Absolutely not. But in order to launch yourself forward, you need to keep in the back of your mind that things WILL get better. Because they can and they will. 

All wounds take time to heal, mental and physical. Three years from now, you'll look back on these moments and you won't even be able to fully remember the pain that you felt. That's science, right there. The human brain cannot recall pain.

All the motivational speeches in the world won't make you feel better, but know that you've got an entire community that's willing to listen to you and that you will in fact get through this, better than ever.

i like that metaphor.

<3

hope things get better kellan. try not to be so hard on yourself.

i've also come to realize that the beatles's let it be is actually magic.  and probably van morrison's comfort you.

yall are the best. thank you. really, thank you so much. i cannot express how much I appreciate it all.

and let it be is something I have listened to a good amount recently. also, be calm by fun as well as a few others.

Idk, it's just a grilled cheese man. It's on the menu. I guess it's because I requested a lot of veggies on it? But a veggie grilled cheese is seriously on the menu. 

I don't understand.

Oh it's on the menu? lol then. I was thinking you asked them to just nix the meat from a burger, if you aren't set up for grilled cheese at a burger place then I would agree that it's harder than it should be. Not the case though haha

Nope. On the menu. 
Totally a choice of a Grilled Cheese, or a Veggie Sandwich with Cheese. 

But he handed me the bag, stared me straight in the eye, and said "that was the hardest grilled cheese I've ever had to make."

I'm like, irrationally angry about it too. 

Sitting here trying to write a end of year self review for my job and I've now written one 3 different times and each time the conclusion I come up with is that the most logical course of action is to fire me / mutually agree to part ways. 

I guess I'll just try and write one and completely bullshit through it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic