Want to get a new wallet, didn't want to start a thread about it. Any recommendations? Links would be appreciated if you have something that you like and would suggest me to buy.

There's a nyan cat wallet on Amazon, but it's a taco cat wearing sombrero. It's designed like a man wallet (folds), but I don't care. I fucking want it.

Prepare to get blasted...the first time is always amusing to watch because you get sooo ripped.

I am debating on picking up a Volcano...maybe one day, as I am trying to save $ rather than spend at the moment.

The first day with my volcano was unreal. My friend came back from New York after he hadn't smoked in a month, vaped for like 6 hours straight and said he felt like he ate more mushrooms than he ever has. I don't think he touched weed for years after that. Look forward to saving enough bud by vaping that it'll pay for itself, Bruise.

Want to get a new wallet, didn't want to start a thread about it.  Any recommendations?  Links would be appreciated if you have something that you like and would suggest me to buy.

my gf (gluten free) got me one from here for my bday

https://www.etsy.com/shop/joevleather

he does personalized stuff too, which is cool. my wallet is small, which is good for me, i never carry more than my ID and debit card. and cash if i have it. im not sure if he has bigger wallets or not. 

so my dad has been in the hospital now for 2 weeks and no one knows when he will be released. nothing physical, all mental.

he is manic bipolar and has been on medications for forever. while on said medications he is a fully functional individual. when he isnt, well needless to say he is not. a few years ago life became really stressful for him and he stopped taking his medications. (im not sure how much everyone knows about this mental illness so I will provide some small details). he turfed the front yard of his home with his brand new pickup truck he purchased. he sold my brothers car. he purchased a brand new pool table and just destroyed (trashed) the inside of the house. he doesnt have rational thoughts and so on and so on....

well this time it wasnt nearly as bad. but the thing is when the results came back from the hospital his chemical levels were where they should be. so basically this means he didnt stop taking his medications, it means they are no longer working. they can only increase his dosage so much before it becomes dangerous. im not entirely sure what they are doing or whats going on. my mother who still has maintained a good relationship with my father after their divorce many years ago has asked me numerous times why I dont ask about him more. i love my father dearly. i really do. i just, i dont know. i havent seen him while he has been in there but it is hard to do as visiting is only allowed two days a week and on some days he hasnt been allowed visitors because of how bad he has been.

ive been trying to figure out why I dont talk about this with others or anything and the only conclusion I come up with is I dont know if I can handle this. im already not sleeping really anymore and my stress level has never been as high as it has been during the past 1-2 months. the one person I used to turn to in times like these and really rely upon I no longer able to. the worst part is like I feel like I have caused part of his breakdown. I know this is absurd. I honestly do. I got my masters degree in mental health counseling so I am knowledgeable in mental health. but with that being said I just feel like with how depressed and how I have been has caused him unneeded stress which may have lead him down this path. I know he has been very very worried and stressed over my situation recently.

I think I should no longer ask the question - "well what else can go wrong/happen?" because I am truly petrified of what the answer would be.

ugh. life. ya know?

(i hope this is all coherent  and I also apologize for the essay I just wrote. I just needed to put this some where because I really cant talk about it with others)

I used to think the bow and arrow metaphor was pretty cliche, but it turns out, it's actually very accurate to the process of most things in life. 

Before things move forward, they have to move backward. Does that make anything you're experiencing suck any less? Absolutely not. But in order to launch yourself forward, you need to keep in the back of your mind that things WILL get better. Because they can and they will. 

All wounds take time to heal, mental and physical. Three years from now, you'll look back on these moments and you won't even be able to fully remember the pain that you felt. That's science, right there. The human brain cannot recall pain.

All the motivational speeches in the world won't make you feel better, but know that you've got an entire community that's willing to listen to you and that you will in fact get through this, better than ever.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic