I'm convinced Michael Bay wants to destroy all nostalgia I hold for my childhood. He already made Transformers unwatchable. Now the trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles looks like he's on course to do the same. Why are they juiced up fatter than Barry Bonds? Sigh.

Yeah, that dude is overrated. Original TMNT movies fooorrreeeeevvvveeeerrrrrr. 

I'm convinced Michael Bay wants to destroy all nostalgia I hold for my childhood. He already made Transformers unwatchable. Now the trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles looks like he's on course to do the same. Why are they juiced up fatter than Barry Bonds? Sigh.

No.

No no no no no. No.

Fuck no.

They took a Nickelodeon cartoon that appeals to 4 year olds and came up with that? It's shit. Sorry. 

Nickelodeon has really screwed up a bunch of late. Giving M. Night the rights to Avatar was a disaster. 

Avatar took all the fun and whimsy of the cartoon out of it for the movie and made it lifeless. I fear the same thing here. Plus Donatello would never take steroids and these turtles obviously have. 

Huh?

I'm pleased. pudding hat and I are back to bff status.

I like how it was almost like I summoned you back haha.

...wait, was my bff status revoked? Was it because of the Huh? thing (I still think your name change is the best, besides mine of course...sorry folks), or one of the many other scumbagisms? Either way, I had no clue...good thing the bff police didn't pull me over. :D

Passover is coming and that means I make my annual trek to the lower east side to the Pickle Guys. I buy all the pickles and horseradish for the family - my Grandpa had been doing it for decades and I took over the gig as he got too old about 10 years ago. 

The horseradish is so awesome that the guy who makes it fresh on the sidewalk all day has to wear a gas mask. It will clear the most clogged sinus. They toss in a shot of beet juice and somehow it makes it plain awesome. 

Oh, half dills for life!

They took a Nickelodeon cartoon that appeals to 4 year olds and came up with that? It's shit. Sorry. 

Nickelodeon has really screwed up a bunch of late. Giving M. Night the rights to Avatar was a disaster. 

Avatar took all the fun and whimsy of the cartoon out of it for the movie and made it lifeless. I fear the same thing here. Plus Donatello would never take steroids and these turtles obviously have. 

I agree it is shit compared to what I would have wanted, but as far as what I expected...

It is a MB movie, so I figured it would be Transformers with turtles.

/shrug

I believe Bay makes them aliens...right? i think i read that somewhere.

the story behind how they got to be TMNT is the BEST PART!

Directly from IMDB. The more I look into this movie, the more I hate it. 

Producer Michael Bay stated that the Turtles in this film would be presented as having an extraterrestrial origin. This statement caused a great furor and was met with harsh criticism from much of the fanbase. However, the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" co-creator Kevin Eastman has expressed their support in the alien concept, saying he believes the concept to be "awesome!" and pointed out that the ooze that created the Turtles was in fact an alien substance.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic