If I win both of my NCAA brackets I'm giving the money to my friend who's been sick for 3 months and hasn't been able to work. I just sold a bunch of records so I could take him to a Flyers game. Thankfully he's on the way back to recovering enough to work again. Glad to see others that do similar things.

They don't owe you anything.

Do your parents provide a house? Grocery shopping? Do they pay your phone bill and for wifi?

They owe you nothing, you owe them everything.

I know what you mean, but how do you know he wasn't owned money for services he provided? What if his parents owed him money for him mowing the lawn or something like that...

I don't feel like I "owe" my parents anything...the fact that I am not a criminal (anymore) or a murderer is more than enough of a ROI for them. That said, if I come into crazy money (I don't fall for the lotto scam, so that won't be it), I do plan on giving the vast majority to my parents after I enact plan A, but not because I "owe" it to them...

Plan A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nB4av1CEkk

I see where you're coming from as well, my dearest pudding hat. 

But I think at his age...his parents probably do a lot for him. They might owe him money for mowing the lawn or something, but the attitude he has toward that is all wrong. That's where I think Ashton and I were both coming from. 

My mom has borrowed a lot (and I mean A LOT) of money from me growing up, she used to repay most of it until recently. I still get waves of bitterness if she doesn't pay me back but then I remember how much she's done for me and I just sort of forgive the debt. 

It just sort of rubs me the wrong way when people take their parents for granted or treat them negatively because I've really been given the short end of the stick when it comes to parents.

(I do really, really love my mom. We just have a lot of shit that will never get sorted. But hey, she said a nice thing about me today and I think that was the first nice thing that she's said about me in years.)

Also, I am usually not into adding stuff to beer, but I had a Langunitas IPA with a splash of grapefruit juice today and it is SO FUCKING GOOD. IT'S NOT SUMMER YET, BUT I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING FOR MY "SUMMAH DRANKS" AND IT IS THAT!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic