I'll never forget in 4th grade we had chorus auditions and we got to pick our song. I picked something from Moulin Rouge and the teacher was like "how do you know that song?" And I was like "because it's from my favorite movie??"

His jaw just dropped and he was like "your parents let you watch that?"

My mom gave 0 fucks.

I remember tons of too young girls who sang the hit song from this. Most parents did not know how horribly inappropriate it was for them to be singing it

I'll never forget in 4th grade we had chorus auditions and we got to pick our song. I picked something from Moulin Rouge and the teacher was like "how do you know that song?" And I was like "because it's from my favorite movie??"

His jaw just dropped and he was like "your parents let you watch that?"

My mom gave 0 fucks.

my mom is the library aide in an elementary school (3rd - 5th grade) and one of the little girls always comes and talks to her about PLL. my mom is always horrified, but her parents don't speak much english and she watches it with her older sister, apparently. KIDS THESE DAYS.

Blues Clues ruled!

I watched that, Barney, Sailor Moon, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the movie Practical Magic religiously.

Because all those things go together, right?

(I had 0 restrictions on what I could watch as a child.)

It was Ghostbusters, Robocop for movies, and then all the 80s cartoons for me as a yoot.

Madie, just leave, pay no more bills. Why would you pay the electric/water/gas if you do not live there anymore?

we all agreed to pay all the bills on the house until the lease was up, so incase 2 of us left early, the 3rd wouldn't get fucked with bills.

it's not that expensive, our total bills are like 90 bucks a month (each) at the very most now that it's not cold anymore.

3rd roommate (non-shitty one) moved out for 6 weeks when she had an internship that was far away. she payed her portion of the $560 heat bill that she didn't even contribute to, because she knew we would do the same for her when we moved out early.

I know it sounds weird, but we just wanted to help each other out because we're all best friends, dammit.

Didn't this happen before? Wasn't it the same d-bag?

Yuuuuup. Who is surprised? No one.

I remember tons of too young girls who sang the hit song from this. Most parents did not know how horribly inappropriate it was for them to be singing it

Yeah, my mom definitely knew and definitely didn't care. My sister and I were raised with very little to no rules and because of it we were the most well-behaved, non-rebellious kids. But only because we were taught at a young age that we could do what we want but the second we were disrespectful or did something that would lose our mom's trust...the rest of our lives would be hell.

Why give up total freedom in exchange for a night or two of smoking pot with friends? Never appealed to me.

My sister smoked once and called my mom crying because she hated it.

one of my attorneys tells me EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. at noon that he's going to lunch.

it's like...no shit, dude?! you're going to lunch at noon?! during your lunch hour?! let me send out a building wide bulletin!!

then half the time someone will come looking for him at a random time during the day and i'll have no earthly idea where he is.

Still sick and woke up to a scary phone call involving a close friend. I hop everything is alright.

Going in the man advice thread and seeing more shit get started around me was icing on the cake.

Someone has been going through my posts and just downvoting me into oblivion which is hilarious that anyone would actually spend time trying to diminish someone else's internet cool points that count for 0 things.

Majority of the downvotes I've ever had were mattsteelenj.... just sayin.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic