I don't go out to drink often but when I do one on ones with my best bud it's a relaxed atmosphere, but when all the boys are in town it just naturally gets amped up, and being in San Diego with the variety of craft beers for days everyones chugging down diff styles after each round.

If you're idea of friends going out to drink beers on a weekend at the bar is people getting all crazy, you're quite right!

1. Buddies go to bar

2. Questions pop up

3. More drinking 

4. People back track onto former questions

5. More drinking

6. Shouting!

7. More drinks, everyones buying a round by this time

8. Someone orders food out of no where

9. more drinks

10. Another orders food out of no where

11. Good times~!/Craaaazzzzzy times for sure

This is pretty much every time I go out with my friends.

someone orders food out of nowhere, love that one.

we were celebrating my friends birthday a few months ago. He ordered some deep fried pickles, eats almost the entire basket then looks up at us and slurs 'did.... did i order these?'

I can be nice, but if annoyed I become an enraged animal hellbent for destruction.

So, what are you supposed to do?

There are polite, socially acceptable ways to let people know you are annoyed.  I don't understand all the angst and rage over someone asking a simple question.

I know it can get annoying to be asked the same question repeatedly, and you'd expect people to remember something after you tell them. But people forget. I know I'm a somewhat forgetful guy.

But I like to try to treat people the way I'd like them to treat me. I was an asshole for a long time, and it gets to a point where you just get tired of it.

someone orders food out of nowhere, love that one.

we were celebrating my friends birthday a few months ago. He ordered some deep fried pickles, eats almost the entire basket then looks up at us and slurs 'did.... did i order these?'

I've definitely been there... damn, I love fried pickles.

There are polite, socially acceptable ways to let people know you are annoyed.  I don't understand all the angst and rage over someone asking a simple question.

I know it can get annoying to be asked the same question repeatedly, and you'd expect people to remember something after you tell them. But people forget. I know I'm a somewhat forgetful guy.

But I like to try to treat people the way I'd like them to treat me. I was an asshole for a long time, and it gets to a point where you just get tired of it.

I would rather just tell them to fuck off, it will make them not bother me ever again which is what I want.

If you're idea of friends going out to drink beers on a weekend at the bar is people getting all crazy, you're quite right!

1. Buddies go to bar

2. Questions pop up

3. More drinking 

4. People back track onto former questions

5. More drinking

6. Shouting!

7. More drinks, everyones buying a round by this time

8. Someone orders food out of no where

9. more drinks

10. Another orders food out of no where

11. Good times~!/Craaaazzzzzy times for sure

these steps are completely true.

for my friends you have to add in one step - Become "that" table. We have a buddy who is very loud and lets say outgoing. he gets other tables involved with what we are doing, they start laughing, etc. its a guarantee when we go out we become "that" table

I just stare at people.

Apparently, I have resting bitch face which I just discovered was a thing after years of "what's wrong with you?" "that's just my face"

jimmy has whatever the man version of this is called, he says people are always asking him what's wrong. even cashiers and strangers.

My best friend likes to do magic tricks when he's drunk. Well, magic TRICK. He only has the one. It's actually really funny because he'll walk up to some women like "Hey, wanna see a mgic trick?" and you can just see the "Ugh, this fucking dork is gonna hit on us" disgust on their faces. He'll do the magic trick (simple making a handkerchief disappear) and then just walk away while they look confused, like "Wait, isn't that dork gonna hit on us?"

I just want to let you guys know that you don't have to be friendly and nice to everyone. If you don't like someone just ignore them. The pussification of humans these days is sickning.

I'm not nice to everyone, I just don't see how being a dick to someone you work with is ever going to help you in the end. If I did that to someone at my job they could really hold up my work and make shit a living hell, which in turn makes things harder on grieving families because everything takes longer.

I know it isn't the same for everyone's job, but anyone being able to make your job any harder sucks, so why not at least be nice to people you work with.

If someone is being an asshole out at the bar, or just out in a normal place not related to where I work I have no problem telling them to get the fuck out of my face.  Being a "bigger" dude, I usually don't have that issue though.

I just got a job at a record store today. I'm a full grown man. As a kid, it was "I really need money, and a cool job." Now I chose to work there one day a week, just for the sweet hookups.

That's pretty awesome.  I wouldn't mind working at a shop one day a week.  I hope once my photo business picks up I'll be able to do something like that.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic