my regional manager comes in on friday, and i talked to my boss yesterday about getting a chance to sit down with her to discuss my upcoming transfer. she thought it would be a great idea to do that, so i was really looking forward to it.

before remembering i'm off on friday.

but hey, good luck to everyone and their interviews. if it helps, i listen to kanye every time i go into one. he strong- it's where i get my confidence from.

Woooohooo! Good luck on your interviews!

Where ya going on vacation, Jhook?

I used to love opening when I worked retail. So much better than closing.

opening has been brutal lately. the past 5 weeks have included every other manager i work with going on vacation (costa rica, mexico, mexico, mexico), meaning we've been short staffed. so when i'm usually one of two managers opening or closing, i've been by myself. and that one hour that i have to open alone isn't even close to enough time. so then once the store's open, i'm still stuck in the office while a bunch of clueless associates can barely handle the sales floor.

and don't get me started on closing alone on saturday nights.

I was in line to be promoted to manager but we underwent an overhaul in employees and it just got super messy. So I shouldn't be able to relate to opening or closing alone, but my managers trusted me too much and would go nap in their cars or take longer breaks and left me alone.

It wasn't too horrible except when they took the keys I needed to actually do things.

I was in line to be promoted to manager but we underwent an overhaul in employees and it just got super messy. So I shouldn't be able to relate to opening or closing alone, but my managers trusted me too much and would go nap in their cars or take longer breaks and left me alone.

It wasn't too horrible except when they took the keys I needed to actually do things.

when i worked at da pacsun, i would usually open, and if i opened with the one manager, she would leave, and either leave me alone to go eat a leisurely breakfast somewhere, or leave and fight with her boyfriend on the phone. and once when i worked at ritz camera, my manager left to pick something up at home, then didn't come back for 2+ hours, and when she DID come back, i had to hear about how it took so long because when she got home, her boyfriend was there, they had sex, and then she had to shower. thanks for that.

when i worked at da pacsun, i would usually open, and if i opened with the one manager, she would leave, and either leave me alone to go eat a leisurely breakfast somewhere, or leave and fight with her boyfriend on the phone. and once when i worked at ritz camera, my manager left to pick something up at home, then didn't come back for 2+ hours, and when she DID come back, i had to hear about how it took so long because when she got home, her boyfriend was there, they had sex, and then she had to shower. thanks for that.

I used to work at da Pacsun too! 

I feel like a good percentage of the population has worked at PacSun at one point.

Mostly because whenever it comes up, multiple people are always like "I USED TO WORK THERE!!!"

The company has gone down hill so much, they took away the employee 50% off and they completely restaffed a good portion of stores...then fired all those new employees...and rehired. Before I left, everyone was saying it wouldn't be around in 5 years. It's been 4 and they're still kicking.

I feel like a good percentage of the population has worked at PacSun at one point.

Mostly because whenever it comes up, multiple people are always like "I USED TO WORK THERE!!!"

The company has gone down hill so much, they took away the employee 50% off and they completely restaffed a good portion of stores...then fired all those new employees...and rehired. Before I left, everyone was saying it wouldn't be around in 5 years. It's been 4 and they're still kicking.

what's the discount now?

even though it never seemed like the discount mattered, since that's one of those places where you're better off just waiting for something to hit the sale rack.

ftr, gap is also very much one of those stores. never pay full price at the gap.

I had to go some place for my job to get recertified in emissions testing and couldn't find it. Drove around for 20 minutes, still couldn't find it.

No signage. No number online.

The worst part is, I had to be there by 9 or I can't go back for 60 days. One of my jobs is only testing and now I can't. I'm beyond frustrated.

Sucky start to a day..

what's the discount now?

even though it never seemed like the discount mattered, since that's one of those places where you're better off just waiting for something to hit the sale rack.

ftr, gap is also very much one of those stores. never pay full price at the gap.

We got 30% off sale too though, so that ruled.

Their discount cards are specific, like the 2nd week in May you can get 25% off a pair of jeans or 30% off a whole outfit. It's bizzare.

I think they get 50% off one item a month and then 20% off everything else. That was the last I heard, but no one I know works there anymore so it's likely they changed it again.

My rule of thumb is that if I like something at Gap, I can probably find it cheaper at Old Navy.

We got 30% off sale too though, so that ruled.

Their discount cards are specific, like the 2nd week in May you can get 25% off a pair of jeans or 30% off a whole outfit. It's bizzare.

I think they get 50% off one item a month and then 20% off everything else. That was the last I heard, but no one I know works there anymore so it's likely they changed it again.

My rule of thumb is that if I like something at Gap, I can probably find it cheaper at Old Navy.

when i worked there (forever ago - last time was probably 2006/2007?) it was 30% off everything, and there were certain weekends over the course of the year where we got 40% off.

nooooooo! gap does store wide 40% off sales pretty much monthly. plus, clothes get marked down usually within a month and a half of them coming in the store. if you're lucky, that'll happen with an additional percent off sale.

also, if anyone's looking to shop this weekend, i'm damn near certain the entire store will be 30 of 40% off for memorial day.. aka friday-monday.

when i worked there (forever ago - last time was probably 2006/2007?) it was 30% off everything, and there were certain weekends over the course of the year where we got 40% off.

I worked there 2009-2011 and we had 30% off everything including sale and then 5 50% off coupons a month.

yeah, that's what it was when i was there. back in 09 also.

i was actually rehired by pac sun. november 2012, i got a job that wasn't starting until january, and just needed something to last me until then so i could quit the job that literally wasn't paying me. but then i applied at gap also, hoping to do both. gap said no, but offered more money and hours. and here we are..

you don't understand how dangerous that 40% journeys discount was.

and if it wasn't clear already, i'm a wicked mall whore.

hollister

american eagle

journeys

pac sun

american eagle at a different mall

pac sun for a day

the gap

and now i'm getting a part time gig at sunglass hut.

i swear i don't want to do retail forever.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic