A buddy of mine who I work with has his ears gauged. Nothing big at all but apparently our main boss has decided pierced ears for guys are not acceptable. So now our bosses are trying to figure out what to do with my buddy because they really are not sure what would be "worse" - letting him leave them in or making him take the gauges out and have his stretched lobes like they are.

I do not get our appearance policy at all. Just recently guys were allowed to grow their beards back as long as they kept them trimmed and such. This was after 5+ months of no facial hair besides a "neatly trimmed mustache." No piercings for guys, girls may have two small studs in their ears.. Tattoos are okay as long as they are not offensive, absurdly large, etc.

Guest stl_ben.

A buddy of mine who I work with has his ears gauged. Nothing big at all but apparently our main boss has decided pierced ears for guys are not acceptable. So now our bosses are trying to figure out what to do with my buddy because they really are not sure what would be "worse" - letting him leave them in or making him take the gauges out and have his stretched lobes like they are.

I do not get our appearance policy at all. Just recently guys were allowed to grow their beards back as long as they kept them trimmed and such. No piercings for guys, girls may have two small studs in their ears.. Tattoos are okay as long as they are not offensive, absurdly large, etc.

Tattoos are ok, but pierced ears aren't? Weird.

I believe everyone should have to work retail at some point in their life. Understanding what it's like to be in those positions will help you to be a more courteous individual as well as give you the expertise to identify when true incompetence is at hand. I worked as a photo developer for years. Oh, the things people took pictures of and then put in the hands of strangers. Wait, that sounds like Facebook. The cycle continues. 

Customer oriented jobs I had: Gas Station Attendant, photo developer, Golf Caddy, Valet Parker. I know I'm missing a few. I'm glad I've been in a stable position for a long time. 

Don't come to florida it costs 1600 a month for a 3/2. At least don't come to the cool part where I live, too expensive.

Haha, well I attempting to make my way down there. That whole post I made yesterday (I think) about flying a few hours just for an interview...Orlando. So yeah, you should totally hook me up with a job.

ahhh, just noticed im close....996.

Funeral!?

Yeah, I just found out that my best friends' dad suffered a really bad stroke caused by advanced stage cancer and can die any moment from a brain hemorrhage. No clue he even had cancer, it's all been a lot to take in. They've already been through hell this year and their oldest sister is pregnant on top of it all, so it's just been insane.

That family means the world to me, I spent Christmas with them a few years back and they're truly my second family. I don't know what I'd do without them in my life and not being able to be there through anything that has been going on has been super hard. 

If he passes away, I'd love to go down to the funeral because I want to be there for them not just mentally. But I don't know if it's something that I'd be able to do and so it's just sort of a "see what happens" kinda thing.

He's not too responsive right now, but Ashlee texted me and told me she's going to tell him I said hi. 

I should tell her to let him know that watching ICarly and Lifetime movies without him just isn't the same.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic