So we got a last minute call that a party of 12 was coming in for a meeting. My boss was going into a sling class, so her husband helped out. He only knows how to make drinks and that's fine but man I want to fall over. In the middle of the chaos, they wanted more scones so I had to bake some. Then wouldn't stop the presentation they were giving to let me take orders or hand out drinks/food. Consistantly acted like I was this huuuuuge interruption every time i brought something for someone. If you're going to be bothered by that stuff, why not tell people to order AFTER the meeting. Or not start until everyone has food/drink. Then this one lady told me she got a cherry blossom scone, which is not a thing. I had to explain to her twice that the cherry blossom is a muffin and remind her that I told her three times our scones are white chocolate butterscotch today. THEN someone's husband came in and didn't want to sit in the meeting, so he keeps asking me dummmmmb questions while I'm trying to cook. I couldn't find a way to be like "I'd be happy to talk to later but right now I'm working and I'm busy." Being how flustered i was, it would have come out like "DUDE!!!" Now they're all cheering and loudly clapping when they KNOW that a yoga class is going on across the room.

God bless the lady that blew me kisses because she doesn't eat meat, so she told me to leave the ham on her sandwich and she'd save it for her dog. Instead, I put the ham in a Togo box and made her sandwich with out it. She was so pleased that I was thoughtful.

:(. Having to listen to silence or the office radio sucks so bad. I feel your pain on this.

I get to listen to silence or my boss yelling in Urdu.  Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

i already can't listen to music at work. not because it's banned, but because someone is ALWAYS coming to ask me something and i am constantly interrupted. ugh.

I'm interrupted a lot, too.  But I have this one ongoing project that requires a lot of patience and concentration and not being able to listen to music while I do it is going to drive me blonkers.  My boss claims that it will distract us and make us produce poor work.  I mean.. do people produce bad driving skills when they have the radio on in the car?

Yep that sounds like grounds for firing lol. How long has he worked there?

Since mid January. We have a 90 day "trial period" with new employees and all this didn't start happening until recently.

I have zero issues doing it. If they are a terrible employee, then it sucks having them around.

Laying people off if they are good workers sucks.

It does suck to have them around, but it can be terribly awkward and sometimes heart wrenching to do it. One guy that we let go last December had stolen a piece of paper that had everyone's raises/bonus amounts on it, took a picture of it, and was showing it around to other people. When we fired him he cried and begged, and this was right before Christmas too.

Wow.  That douche Zack from POZ really loves taking things that aren't news and making them "news."  He wrote an article claiming Blonk should go back on hiatus and now is surprised that the band and their fans are lashing out at him.  Every step of the saga is making headlines on his joke of a website.

Morning! I'm looking forward to today! My friends and I are in a "burger club". Basically we pick a new burger joint each month to eat at and we vent about work. It's more fun than it sounds.

Every Tuesday my best friend and I have date night. We try to go to different places as much as possible and then we vent about people/work. I look forward to it every week. We missed this Tuesday because she had a real date with a boy, so you reminded me to text her and see what she's doing tonight.

God bless the lady that blew me kisses because she doesn't eat meat, so she told me to leave the ham on her sandwich and she'd save it for her dog. Instead, I put the ham in a Togo box and made her sandwich with out it. She was so pleased that I was thoughtful.

I love that she blew you kisses.

Morning! I'm looking forward to today! My friends and I are in a "burger club". Basically we pick a new burger joint each month to eat at and we vent about work. It's more fun than it sounds.

Burgers are my favorite food! Sometimes I feel bad for the wife because I'm pretty much a 12 year old trapped in the body of a man.

(My #1 burger right now is Killer Burger's peanut butter, pickle, bacon burger.)

Every Tuesday my best friend and I have date night. We try to go to different places as much as possible and then we vent about people/work. I look forward to it every week. We missed this Tuesday because she had a real date with a boy, so you reminded me to text her and see what she's doing tonight.

Sorry for Tuesday, he was really cute though

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic