Our mayor is actually super rad, he makes lots of jokes and goes to tons of local shows. His campaign was based on keeping Duluth shark free.

Such a politician exists?  He certainly does sound like a very cool guy.  If someone said they were going to keep Chicago shark free I would heavily consider voting for them.  haha! 

Update on my car gasoline issues. No pooling or any signs of gas leak when I left for work this morning. There was no gas smell inside or even around the car. Driving into work the gas gauge dipped further so now it's hovering above the 3/4 tank line with only 47 miles travelled since filling up.

Reached out to one my co-workers who is an automotive expert and presented him with the problem. He is guessing that could more than likely be either a bad fuel sending unit or the fuel gauge itself. He walked me through some steps to check which it could be. Let's see what will happen.

Ultimately I will have to get stuck with going to the dealer and getting the shit fixed or replaced. Either way spending money I don't have. Good thing though I didn't drop any dough on that Bannon AWLWLB print series sub.

Update on my car gasoline issues. No pooling or any signs of gas leak when I left for work this morning. There was no gas smell inside or even around the car. Driving into work the gas gauge dipped further so now it's hovering above the 3/4 tank line with only 47 miles travelled since filling up.

Reached out to one my co-workers who is an automotive expert and presented him with the problem. He is guessing that could more than likely be either a bad fuel sending unit or the fuel gauge itself. He walked me through some steps to check which it could be. Let's see what will happen.

Ultimately I will have to get stuck with going to the dealer and getting the shit fixed or replaced. Either way spending money I don't have. Good thing though I didn't drop any dough on that Bannon AWLWLB print series sub.

Good luck Juan, I hope it doesn't cost too much!

soooo there are four people in my department. all four of us proofread/do quality control, three of us do the writing, and one helps with indesign/photoshop. last week one woman turned in her two weeks and another told me today she's working up the stones to turn hers in today. if she goes that leaves me as the sole writer. as you may recall, i need car repairs asap, so i really can't quit at the moment even if i want to.

and also as you may recall, we took that 6% pay cut a few months ago. go figure, the workload has increased, more weekends more late nights no free time.

i am freaking the fuck out over here, and i've also had too much coffee.

soooo there are four people in my department. all four of us proofread/do quality control, three of us do the writing, and one helps with indesign/photoshop. last week one woman turned in her two weeks and another told me today she's working up the stones to turn hers in today. if she goes that leaves me as the sole writer. as you may recall, i need car repairs asap, so i really can't quit at the moment even if i want to.

and also as you may recall, we took that 6% pay cut a few months ago. go figure, the workload has increased, more weekends more late nights no free time.

i am freaking the fuck out over here, and i've also had too much coffee.

Ouch!  That's rough.  I've been there before and I handled it by taking it just one day at a time.  Easier said than done I know, but I paced myself and got through it just fine.  Best of luck to you though!

oh no =\ that really sucks.  do you think you should try to look for another job?  i know your free time is limited, but unless they get two replacements in right away who are familiar with the work and need minimal training.... this is going to be so tough on you.

i have been. i'm so turned off by agency work (i'm in marketing) that it has been really hard for me to even consider working for a similar type place. plus with the nature of this work, there are just soooo many details and little things and changes to remember - i mean literally things change daily, whether it's client preference or a directive from the client's legal department, you name it - that even if a new hire is the best writer or proofreader ever, they are still going to need MONTHS to be able to confidently/capably work alone.

edit: thank you horror. i know right now i just need to get through today, but really i just need to know if this woman is going to quit today or not. i just need to know.

i have been. i'm so turned off by agency work (i'm in marketing) that it has been really hard for me to even consider working for a similar type place. plus with the nature of this work, there are just soooo many details and little things and changes to remember - i mean literally things change daily, whether it's client preference or a directive from the client's legal department, you name it - that even if a new hire is the best writer or proofreader ever, they are still going to need MONTHS to be able to confidently/capably work alone.

edit: thank you horror. i know right now i just need to get through today, but really i just need to know if this woman is going to quit today or not. i just need to know.

I feel you on client-based work.  It's tough to constantly do things only to redo them over and over. =[ I wish I had a magic solution for you. My stress level would go through the roof just thinking about having to handle the work of 3 writers all on my own. =\

I feel you on client-based work.  It's tough to constantly do things only to redo them over and over. =[ I wish I had a magic solution for you. My stress level would go through the roof just thinking about having to handle the work of 3 writers all on my own. =\

they'll have to get someone else in here, but when do i find time to train the person? lolol. i'm just so tired. the bright side is that i'm taking july 4-9 off for a nice "long" vacation. get to see my family and celebrate my grandma's 95th birthday!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic