soooo there are four people in my department. all four of us proofread/do quality control, three of us do the writing, and one helps with indesign/photoshop. last week one woman turned in her two weeks and another told me today she's working up the stones to turn hers in today. if she goes that leaves me as the sole writer. as you may recall, i need car repairs asap, so i really can't quit at the moment even if i want to.

and also as you may recall, we took that 6% pay cut a few months ago. go figure, the workload has increased, more weekends more late nights no free time.

i am freaking the fuck out over here, and i've also had too much coffee.

The thing that really sucks about that is if you do get everything done by yourself then they think it can be a one person job and that's bullshit! But then if you can't get it done then they get mad. You can't win. Well not at my job anyway. I've been stuck in that situation before and my workload stayed at that extreme level and it's fucked.

The thing that really sucks about that is if you do get everything done by yourself then they think it can be a one person job and that's bullshit! But then if you can't get it done then they get mad. You can't win. Well not at my job anyway. I've been stuck in that situation before and my workload stayed at that extreme level and it's fucked.

i need some of your username like asap.

Sounds like you have a lot of leverage right now Steph. Time to get that 6% back, and then some.

see, you would think that, but the higher ups just do not seem to understand that cutting pay (after not giving raises for two years, at least for me), requiring that people work long hours and the weekends, lots of weekends, to meet unrealistic deadlines, makes people stressed out and unhappy. their lives are work, and they seem to think our lives should be too. honestly though i'm thinking if this goes down with my coworker, i'm asking for my 6% back, + 6% for a bare minimum cost of living increase that i haven't gotten. they say no and i bounce. right then and there.

You're 26 with a wife and family. I'd say you're doing pretty well for yourself and being a "poor ass" is justified, lol.

I certainly hope I am doing fine, my 4 year old always has the best toys/clothes/and food. My financial problems always fall back on what I want. To be quit honest, as long as my wife and daughter have everything they want and need, I could care less about what I want. Plus, I've never had to ask my parents for money, even though they always ask me haha. I consider that a success. Also today I found a lucky penny, sold some records I don't even care for and wound up 100 dollars in the plus. I am mostly excited about that lucky penny....and selling some records means I can finally be happy about my Jimmy Eat World Clarity coming in September!!!

No shit! My parents live on Keuka Lake now.

nice! everything in that area is beautiful. and after the day/week/month/year i've had so far, i am READY to be there during the summer.

Oof good luck

oh no stephhhhh =\

i think i have a plan worked out. working mon-thurs next week either way. going to see if i can meet with the owner on thursday. ask him politely to see my side of things and also give me a GIANT raise. leave for my vacation. return and hope for an answer. bad answer? byeeeeee

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic