I'm looking forward to Friday. We're going to this restaurant called The Top in Gainesville, and seeing Against Me!

The Top has an awesome looking menu, with special burgers/salads/entrees/etc.  They have a Royal with Cheese on the menu, for all you Pulp Fiction fans.

I'm looking forward to Friday. We're going to this restaurant called The Top in Gainesville, and seeing Against Me!

The Top has an awesome looking menu, with special burgers/salads/entrees/etc.  They have a Royal with Cheese on the menu, for all you Pulp Fiction fans.

That sounds awesome. Make sure you bust a move

Simpson-pulp-fiction-gif.gif

with regards to Kanye, I have always hated him. HATED. I don't think his music is all that special (the occasional song is alright). He has no place in the music industry. He has no skill/ talent (even if I'm misunderstanding him artistically). He obviously doesn't think (at all) before he acts or speaks. ANY PERSON, literally everyone (even a 3 year old from rural China) could put on the newest Beck album and at least recognize the talent involved in it. I don't listen to Beck, but I actually enjoy that record. He needs to educate himself more before he speaks up for Beyonce so much. I get it, she's popular, but Beck was making music when she was popping zits.

Caveat: that one time he said George Bush doesn't care about black people, though a little misplaced, was right on the fucking money. Even at 18 I was thinking "at least somebody said it to the world."

Bush= the only person I ever hated more than Yeezus.

Yikes yeah you might want to educate yourself on the man before recklessly bashing him. The man is a PR nightmare but that doesn't discount his talent as a producer first and a artist second. We aren't talking about a flash in the pan here but its easy to lose that seeing that he is in the press for EVERYTHING but music recently.

Yikes yeah you might want to educate yourself on the man before recklessly bashing him. The man is a PR nightmare but that doesn't discount his talent as a producer first and a artist second. We aren't talking about a flash in the pan here but its easy to lose that seeing that he is in the press for EVERYTHING but music recently.

I agree with him on most of what he said though. I don't hate Kanye, but I do think he does say stuff without thinking most of the time.

Calling Beyonce a "real artist," all the while implying that Beck is not is just insane. They're both clearly talented artists.

Even Kanye is a talented artist, he just comes off as a douchebag.

We should definitely dedicate more time to talk about how multiple artists took to the stage last night and instead of celebrating themselves, they used the platform to raise awareness for racial and gender inequality, for domestic violence.

That, my friends, was absolutely incredible. Pharrell, Beyonce, Prince, Katy Perry, Obama, and a few others all used performances and presentations to make a difference.

We should definitely dedicate more time to talk about how multiple artists took to the stage last night and instead of celebrating themselves, they used the platform to raise awareness for racial and gender inequality, for domestic violence.

That, my friends, was absolutely incredible. Pharrell, Beyonce, Prince, Katy Perry, Obama, and a few others all used performances and presentations to make a difference.

Haim, Charli XCX, and Nicki Minaj all used pre-show interviews to discuss feminism. It was great.

I agree with him on most of what he said though. I don't hate Kanye, but I do think he does say stuff without thinking most of the time.

Calling Beyonce a "real artist," all the while implying that Beck is not is just insane. They're both clearly talented artists.

Even Kanye is a talented artist, he just comes off as a douchebag.

I agree, what annoys me is when people use the fact that he's an asshole to ignore his talent.

Haim, Charli XCX, and Nicki Minaj all used pre-show interviews to discuss feminism. It was great.

That was excellent, especially Charlie XCX

You're right in that I don't know what he produces. I'm sure he has a hand in some great artists. I just don't see how he is considered a talented musician, but I also don't see  how a lot of pop superstars are considered talented. It's just a matter of tastes and opinions. I understand the talent of obvious people like Beyonce, Jay-Z, and hell even Miley Cyrus. I just don't think West has good songs. Again, I don't know all of it or everything about him, but merely comparing his performance last night (the one with the light in the middle of the stage- the only one I saw) to that of John Mayer (strongly dislike Mayer) with that Ed guy (I guess he's okay, just not my cupajoe) or that Ed guy with ELO(not a fan of) or Gaga(would have sex with, but don't care for her music) with Tony Bennet (he's Tony Bennet) is enough for me to know  with unquestionable certainty that he is not talented enough for me to respect. I just hope his personality is a persona and that he is actually a cool guy or nice or anything redeeming him from his erratic behavior and erratic music. Again, it's all a matter of my observation of him over the past like 7 or 8 years and in no one reflects him entirely. It's just my observation. I hope our disagreement doesn't make you resent me Willie. I still like you even though Kanye came between us.

You're right in that I don't know what he produces. I'm sure he has a hand in some great artists. I just don't see how he is considered a talented musician, but I also don't see how a lot of pop superstars are considered talented. It's just a matter of tastes and opinions. I understand the talent of obvious people like Beyonce, Jay-Z, and hell even Miley Cyrus. I just don't think West has good songs. Again, I don't know all of it or everything about him, but merely comparing his performance last night (the one with the light in the middle of the stage- the only one I saw) to that of John Mayer (strongly dislike Mayer) with that Ed guy (I guess he's okay, just not my cupajoe) or that Ed guy with ELO(not a fan of) or Gaga(would have sex with, but don't care for her music) with Tony Bennet (he's Tony Bennet) is enough for me to know with unquestionable certainty that he is not talented enough for me to respect. I just hope his personality is a persona and that he is actually a cool guy or nice or anything redeeming him from his erratic behavior and erratic music. Again, it's all a matter of my observation of him over the past like 7 or 8 years and in no one reflects him entirely. It's just my observation. I hope our disagreement doesn't make you resent me Willie. I still like you even though Kanye came between us.

Not at all homie. We still have Coheed. I'm okay to agree to disagree. If you like hip hop at all, I would recommend listening to "College Dropout". Either way no worries.

Not at all homie. We still have Coheed. I'm okay to agree to disagree. If you like hip hop at all, I would recommend listening to "College Dropout". Either way no worries.

I'll give it a try, but my strong pigheadedness gives me a poor predisposition. I'll try to be openminded-er. As long as he isn't autotuned every track, it might have a chance. I actually like people that can't sing- like early Alkaline Trio or GWAR.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic